maternity allowance and job seekers

natasha123wood
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:51 pm 
Post subject: maternity allowance and job seekers
Hi Please help im claiming maternity alowance can my partner still claim job seekers allowance ???
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:19 am 
Post subject:
im not sure, best to check with the job centre.

my ex got made redundant when i was on ML, but I was claiming SMP and they said he could claim his 6 months contribution based Job Seekers, but after that my income would be taken into account.

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 am 
Post subject:
I would say yes, but you would be taken off of maternity allowance and his job seekers claim would be a family one which would include you and baby.
I'd call the job centre and speak to them they are usually quite helpful.
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:31 pm 
Post subject: need help with MA
hi i was working 16 hours per week and recieve maternity allowance, my last payment will be in march (2 months time) im not abe to return to work due to having no child care. i handed my notice in today 7 weeks before i was due to go back to work as wanted to give plenty of notice. will my maternity allowance stop now or will i still recieve it until march when it was due to stop? hoping someone can help. thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular