newborns - dirty nappies?

mrsLA
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 pm 
Post subject: newborns - dirty nappies?
hey everyone im thinking of taking my little girl to the doctors tomorrow as shes 11days old and havnt had a dirty nappy in about 3-4days and its starting to worry me a little anyone else had this?
mrsLA
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
she is formula fed
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
I have been doing some reading up on this today as Mia is worrying me too,we changed her formula as she was very colicky and she was constipated and had not been for 4 days only passed a tiny hard rabbit dropping and it was clearly upsetting her,anyway we managed to get her to go following some advice from the pharmacist but that was 2 days ago so just for my peace of mind i had a little read up this morning,the thing that i read time and time again was formula fed babies are more prone to constipation however its not uncommon for babies to pass stools just a couple of times a week.
Theres no harm in taking baby to the docs to get checked over though as they will be able to check them over to make sure there are not constipated Smile
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
You could try giving a little cooled boiled water to help move things along.

Mandy xx
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Mand136 what milk was she having and what did you change her too. I find my little girl has alot of wind ...trumping a fair bit i burp her and she does bring wind up but i still notice her smiling alot.

Typical she does a big smelly one for me after she started worrying me.. tried giving her cooled boiled water but still dodnt wprk x
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
She is on Aptimil comfort,for colic and constipation and when i told the hv she said it was a really good milk,she has also had a poo today Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular