FET Natural vs Drug Cycle??

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nutty

I actually had 3 (!!) embryos put back each time as I have been living in Dubai for the last few years so did my cycles out there. I know they wouldn't have put that many back though if they thought all 3 were of great quality.

Apart from the initial consultation I went to all my appointments on my own. Oh only came when he had to his 'delivery' when my eggs were defrosted and he came when I had egg collections. He wouldn't have been able to have got time off work that easily. I guess as you don't drive though that makes it a bit trickier!

xx

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 am 
Post subject:
Hi Claire,
So sorry to hear your cycle didn't work. I did the same as Sharon first time, but ovulated early as the clinic weren't monitoring me properly!
You should only need a couple of appts to check your lining, then to transfer.

It may have been that your body was exhausted having produced so many eggs. It's hard to know...
As Sharon says; SET is only a guideline. If you're paying - you decide - and you can insist they transfer 2. I would; especially as the last cycle failed (I presume you had SET?)
We had 3 blasts transferred on our final cycle.... And well, you know the result of that... Hard word and sleepless nights!
Good luck Hun, and keep me posted. I'm not about much but you can message me if you need anything and I'll try and get back to you if the twins are not leading me a merry dance!

Love Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 am 
Post subject:
Yes Julie I had 1 blast put back, Im glad you all seem to be saying the same thing about having 2 replaced. We will definately be asking them at our review. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
id not ask id be telling, the only reason why they dont tell you about 2 is that if you get twins, they get a serious telling off.... dont forget this is your treatment and your cycle, you are incharge...

xxx

Xavier lifes pure joy
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
you're paying for it so to me that says you should be able to have as many put back as you want! I remember reading somewhere that something like out of 100 people having 2 embryos put back 65% were singleton babies. Can't remember exactly but I was looking it up to make my decision of 1 or 2.
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular