Cot problems!

Loisdarren
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:57 am 
Post subject: Cot problems!
I am currently having a bit of a nightmare with my little boy! He is almost two and has recently developed a habit of dragging himself really close to the side of his cot as soon as you put him in it so that he is wedged up against the bars. As a result of this he makes himself very upset and uncomfortable and has started to wake throughout the night. If you try and move him to the middle of the cot he just shuffles straight back. I have also tried padding the bars and making it so that he can't grab them but this doesn't work either.

Has anybody had a similar problem and if so, what did they do to fix it? It would also be helpful if anybody knows why! I don't know if it would help to move him to a junior bed but I am worried he would fall out, even with a guard in place.

Please help! I am really feeling at the end of my teather!

Many thanks! X
Loisdarren
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
Also, I have been using the controlled crying method up until this point but is he getting to old for this and is it cruel to leave him to cry when I know he's in discomfort (despite the fact that he's doing this to himself!)
dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
I took the sides of my LO's cotbed shortly after she turned 1, used a bed guard for a couple of weeks but it was just in the way, she's only fell out of bed a couple of times, and never hurt herself. She didn't even wake up one of the times Smile Toddler/Junior beds are very close to the floor so I wouldn't worry too much about him falling out, you could always put a couple of cushions on the floor if you're worried.
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
i agree with dizzy put him in a toddler bed with some floor protection its the only way they learn not to fall out of bed! my daughter sometimes falls out of bed if she has loads of cuddly toys in with her Laughing and i often find her sleeping on the floor come morning Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular