Nappy Rash

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:43 pm 
Post subject: Nappy Rash
My LO has never had nappy rash not once and last night i got up and changed her nappy when she woke up and she was all red and sore :O i use sudocrem at every nappy change without fail so was thinking how the heck did she get it! Sad she has a little bit of eczema down below as well so that dosent help Sad

Anyway what im meaning to ask has anybody got any reccomendations for nappy rash maybe a different cream to try or how to clear it up at all? as i keep using the sudocrem but getting no change Sad xx
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
i found metanium really good. you only need to use a tiny bit and spread it on thinly, so a tube lasts ages, but make sure you wash your hands well as it stains

lysianassa
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Sebastian gets HORRIBLE nappy rash and sometimes the Sudocream doesn't work at all - his bum will literally bleed when I wipe him if its really that bad but it goes like that overnight sometimes. I tried the Amedus cream the doctor gave me but what we tend to do is have lots of nappy free time, and wash with warm clean water after you change the nappy and then smother, and I mean smother, the bum in sudocream or whatever other cream you have.

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
steph181 wrote:
i found metanium really good. you only need to use a tiny bit and spread it on thinly, so a tube lasts ages, but make sure you wash your hands well as it stains

Thanks Steph ill give metanium a try i seen it in the shop today but didnt know what to buy as there was loads and they all seemed really good, oh ok thanks Smile
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
lysianassa wrote:
Sebastian gets HORRIBLE nappy rash and sometimes the Sudocream doesn't work at all - his bum will literally bleed when I wipe him if its really that bad but it goes like that overnight sometimes. I tried the Amedus cream the doctor gave me but what we tend to do is have lots of nappy free time, and wash with warm clean water after you change the nappy and then smother, and I mean smother, the bum in sudocream or whatever other cream you have.

Ahhh poor Sebastian, ouch that sounds awful, when i wiped mia today she started shaking and crying so it must be really sore i felt like crying myself Sad, ive had lots of nappy free time for mia today as thats what my mum told me to do and it has worked a little bit, ill try smothering her in sudocrem maybe then as thats what i use now, i only used it thinly most of the time as that is what it said on the container but i will try that thanks Smile xx
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
my HV recommended metanium, but only to use when its sore, and to use sudocrem for a barrier.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah metanium is good. I use sudocrem day to day but have metanium for when the boys were having problems with their pooing and it was causing their bums to become raw. Also it could be from the heat too. If possible, let her run about for a little while during the day without a nappy on to let some air to her bum x

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
I found bepanthem the best nappy rash cream, like you I always used to use sudocrem (altho he needs cream very rarely) but he had a really bad bout once and bepantham was the only thing that worked, its quite expensive but definately worth it.

Also I was advised if there was no soreness then don't use cream and the skin naturally breathes better, as I also used to put it on every time and its been so much better since I had this advice.

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
Shannah has always had terrible nappy rash and I think bepanthen is the best. I like metanium too but it stains if it gets anywhere it shouldn't so it's a bit of a pain. Also I always thought that using sudocrem on every change wasn't such a good idea as it stops the nappy being as absorbent as it should be. I've never used it except when the kids have problems like a rash.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular