Baby Bouncer replacement.

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 pm 
Post subject: Baby Bouncer replacement.
Hi all,

George has sadly outgrown his Baby Bouncer. He uses this or his pram in nicer weather for daytime naps. I have tried and failed to get him to nap for any length of time in his cot during the day. He will sleep for so much longer if he is around us during the day.

The question I have is anyone got any idea what I can replace the bouncer with for his daytime naps? I have seen the toddler rockers but wondered if they are any good?
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry, i'm not much help..My LO had a swing that saw him through he was about 10mth+ (it was a graco one) but he did his day time napping in his cot from 6mth, he just slept so much better, but on the odd occasion he'd just nap on the sofa Confused
I know what you mean about the rockers though...I think its Fisher Price that do the baby to toddler rocker...suppose it may be a good investment Smile
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:10 am 
Post subject:
I personally would really try to get him into a routine of sleeping in his cot during the day, from about 4 months my daughter was going upstairs to her cot and she still has a nap in her bed for an hour midday now. It may take a few days of shorter naps but I think it would be far more beneficial for him to be having real naps in his bed.

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:09 am 
Post subject:
I have tried but he wakes screaming after around 20 minutes. I resettle him and he does another 20 mins then back up. Then he's in a foul mood as not enough sleep.

It's always been difficult for me to have a routine as o/h works away 4 days then home 4 days and he distrubs everything plus we go out and about. Also not great timing as I'm back to work in a week and childminder doesn't have a cot so naps are in the pram there.

Last edited by Clairebell29 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
kaylaxxx
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:45 am 
Post subject:
If he naps fine in his pram and he will be napping in his pram at the childminders I personally would just let him nap in it. My friend has a baby to toddler chair and her baby is 14 months old now and he does like it he naps in it and watches telly in it while shes cleaning and things I would say they are a good investment but if hes happy in his pram I would leave him there. xx
shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
A fisherprice newborn to toddler rocker. Neither of mine sleep in their beds in the day as i found they started to wake again in the night. But both prefer the sofa now

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Found a Fisherprice rocker on ebay so have got that coming. George isn't quite ready for sofa naps yet.

I don't mind him not going in his cot in the day as he seems to prefer being with us. He sleeps through in his cot at night though.
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
leah-p[aige has a baby to toddler one and they do last my nephew had one and he was big baby and toddler and lasted him till he was two lol
leah-paige still has plenty of room in her toddler bouncer and sleeps comfortably for day time naps lol xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular