eczema at 6 months

3rdtimeluckyyy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:52 pm 
Post subject: eczema at 6 months
Hi everyone Nathans suffering with eczema really badly some days its worse them others. Its really bad on the top of his sholder to the point it scabs and he tries scrathing it and rubs it with the side of his face when its hurting him and it flares up all over his chest down to just past his nipples and also down his left arm just past his elbow.....the health visitor gave me epiderm to use as a soap in the bath and also as a cream and find its not really helping a massive amount.

Is anyone having the same problem or has done in the past and had any sucess with other options?

many thanks for your help in advance x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:42 am 
Post subject:
Sam gets it in the creases of her arms and behind her knees when it is warm.

the doctor gave us hydacortisone cream for twice a day when its really bad, and E45 cream to be used 6 times a day.

i dont use any special bath stuff, as i find asda little angels top to toe wash suits her skin, i have tried others and its the only one that doesnt make her skin bad.

3rdtimeluckyyy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
I'll try that bath stuff then I have some upstairs apparently johnsons can dry a lot of babies skin out so been told not to use it. Might go back to the doctors and see if they will let me try a different cream

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
leah-paige suffers really bad with excema hun she has 3 creams incl steriod creams and bath lotions
i try and put her creams on every nappy change and when i bath her i dont use soap or lotions or talc and when i wash her her a so the new born baby cradling wash lol

my health visitor has advised us not to use any kind of products and cos of this one of her creams we also use as a soap ..down side is i miss the baby johnsons smell lol

also certain foods can make the reaction worse ..and with leah-paige she has a tolerence to some foods ie eggs shes allergic to ..
hope this helps and i have gone on to much lol xxxx
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 am 
Post subject:
thank you for your replies. took him to the doctors yesterday and we have been given a new creme again to use as a creme and in the bath as soap but also a steriod cream for when its really bad... fingers crossed these ones help.... poor little mans riddled at the min Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular