Milk @ 8 months......

kelchatters
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:59 pm 
Post subject: Milk @ 8 months......
Hiya,

My ittle boy is 8 months next Monday. At 8 months what was your feeding scehdule?

Max has been a bit unsettled during the night the last 5 nights, think it might be his teeth coming through, he has two bottom teeth but nothing else. However also a bit worried is he unsettled out of hunger?

He wakes at 7am:

7am - 6oz bottle
8.30 - Weetabix with 3 ox formula
12.30 - lunch a homemade dinner or jar
3.00 - 4oz milk
5.00 - dinner plus a yogurt or dessert
7.00 - 6oz milk

Should I include some snacks? if so any suggestions?

I sometimes struggle to get breakfast down him, do you think I should offer the weetabix before his bottle? I don't think he is a huge eater?

He weighs 20lb, so doing ok! just trying to work out what would suit him better

xxxxx
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
George at 8 months had roughly;
7.30 - Breastfeed
9.00 - Breakfast (I leave a decent gap between milk feed and breakfast so more hungry).
11.30 - Snack such as rice cakes, fruit, breadsticks etc.
1.00 - Lunch
4.00 - Breastfeed
6.30 - Dinner plus yogurt or fruit
7.30 - Breastfeed.

Could you cut down the amount of milk he has first thing and then give him another little drink after breakfast if he wants it? Personally I think it's nice for them to have milk when they wake as it's nice and easy whilst they wake up. They are all different and George eats more in the morning and less at dinner time. He's 9 1/2 months now and has now cut out his afternoon feed and has a snack or a yogurt instead.
Also could try something else for breakfast, maybe readybrek? George also loves baby muesli, cheerios and rice crispies!
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply.

I will try a few of your breakfast suggestions. Never thought of Cherrios or Rice Crispies.

Yes maybe I will try a smaller amount of milk on waking? could be something as simple as that!!!

He has been in bed since 7pm and woke 3 times already!! it's all very unlike him!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular