What essentials do I take on holiday with a 7 month old?

kara20
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:10 am 
Post subject: What essentials do I take on holiday with a 7 month old?
I am a new mum and going on a relaxing holiday to Spain in May with my partner and our 7 month old baby. We have rented out a villa, not staying in a hotel so I am worrying a little bit as to what to take, I don't want to forget anything essential!

What are airports like with formula milk? Can I pre make all milk bottles up and take them in my hand luggage or am I not allowed? And what about jars of baby food, can I take those in my hand luggage aswell?

Has anybody got a good list of essentials that I should take?

Thanks!!

xxx
LouiseP84
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Hya, we are also taking our 7 month old away soon Smile staying in a hotel tho. As for milk we are taking the readymade cartons, theres alot of us going so we are all packing a few in our suitcases. For the journey you are allowed to take enough milk/juice that is deemed reasonable enough for the journey, so i am taking 2 small cartons and filling up his bottle with juice before we leave. As for jars, i am packing a few and obviously one or two for the journey but going to buy more when we get there xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Yes thats rite ur allowed 2 take milk on plane and baby food but u may b asked 2 taste it.

need;

milk
bottles
stereliser if ur still stereliseing
kettle 2 warm milk if ur taking cartons or to make milk if ur taking powder.
Dummys
nappy cream
teething gel.
sun hat
sun cream
some of favourite toys.

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
I was told to open and taste all the milk and baby food in my hand luggage so had to buy mre in departures at gatwick! Pack in suticase as much as you can!x

Good idea to get a ray shade for the pram. If you dont' want to take a sterilister get some milton tablets.x

nutnut
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
I took milton tablets so that I didn't have to lug the steriliser over to Portugal last year. I also took a few jars of food, just in case there's nothing suitable on some days.

The airport staff will make you taste anything you take through security with you so try to pack as much as you can in your suitcases and only take what you need for the flight in your hand luggage. Also, when we went to Cyprus in May, they took away all my ice packs as unless theres a medical reason for these (to keep medicine cool) you are not allowed to take the, through with you.

Nappies and wipes are expensive abroad. We paid 5 euros for a pack of wipes when we were in Portugal.

Plenty of suntan cream, water you can buy out there. Most bottles that are suitable for babies have a picture of a child on the label.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that somebody else hasn't mentioned.

Have a lovely holiday x

coralie1989
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:03 am 
Post subject: Re: What essentials do I take on holiday with a 7 month old?
kara20 wrote:
I am a new mum and going on a relaxing holiday to Spain in May with my partner and our 7 month old baby. We have rented out a villa, not staying in a hotel so I am worrying a little bit as to what to take, I don't want to forget anything essential!

What are airports like with formula milk? Can I pre make all milk bottles up and take them in my hand luggage or am I not allowed? And what about jars of baby food, can I take those in my hand luggage aswell?

Has anybody got a good list of essentials that I should take?

Thanks!!

xxx

Among all the detecting activities, gold detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both our mind and body, but also give us a big fortune if we are lucky enough. Next time when you feel bored, you can pick up a gold detector and have a try.

http://www.detectorall.com/categories/Gold-Metal-Detectors/
coralie1989
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:04 am 
Post subject: gold metal detector
Among all the detecting activities, gold detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both our mind and body, but also give us a big fortune if we are lucky enough. Next time when you feel bored, you can pick up a gold metal detector and have a try.
Wringle
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:14 am 
Post subject:
Strollers rank on the essential items list for any family with a baby.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular