what foods are you giving you babies?

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:23 pm 
Post subject: what foods are you giving you babies?
Leah-apige is having most things

pasta
rice
mince
mash
veg
fruit
porridge
chicken
beef
korma
naan breads
fish fingers no crumbs
stew
yogurts
cheese
breadsticks

i still use baby pasta and baby stock cubes

but i want her to eat what were eating but is she ok to have jar sauces occasionally
or stew that we have ourselfs using reduced salt stock cubes?
also we completely struggling with dinner ideas she still has no teeth so is usually just having mash ,fish fingers , cheesey mash lol ..is she allowed the frozen fish pies ?
any ideas tips recipes would be hugely appreatiated Very Happy xx
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds good!

Jar sauces, just watch the salt and sugar content but occasionally no probs, same with teh frozen fish pies. stew sounds fine if reduced salt stock used.

With regards to ides, seriously i would give her anything that you are having, no need to stick to mash. But you can make things easier for her by cutting foods into strips (about 5cms long) so she can hold them better. So sticks of chicken/beef/pork/lamb.carrot/parsnip/any vegetable cut into sticks regardless of dish. But at eight months she is probs developing her pincer grip nicely so smaller foods also would be fine.

I am doing blw and puree with my lo and he loves sucking on mango and he really enjoyed tomato at a restaurant today! HE has even managed to demolish wedges of apple and pear and he has no teeth atll! He is five months.

A good book to get is the blw cookbook by gill rapley, perfect ideas for self feeders and so simple too!

MAndy x
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:54 am 
Post subject:
my daughter had no teeth until 13 months and was eating proper meals cut up from 10 months.

i wouldnt bother with the baby pasta, i use the tubes (about 29p a bag from asda) and they are great for finger feeding.

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls some great tips there ..I Will be tryin defo more finger foods now lol..xx
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:49 am 
Post subject:
Hiya,

My little one is 8 months and pretty much having the same as what you are making your baby. He has cottage pie, braised beef and sweet potato, chicken with apple and sweet potato, mini sandwiches a favourite so far is cream cheese and jam!!!

How do you make your korma so baby can have it? think Max would like that xxxx
ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
The korma I do
Chicken
Korma paste
Tomatoes
Onion
Veg ..carrots..apple..
Coconut milk
Chicken stock or water with bayleave
Tomatoe puree
Cook onions n veg
Then add chicken n tom puree
Then add paste simmer for 5 mins
Add stock n milk
Cook on slow for 15 mins xx
Thanks for tips I've never tried leah-paige with sandwiches ..Will try her 2moro n she's never had cream cheese or jam new things to be tried this week thanks xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular