c section or normal dlivery??!!!

tine0720
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:23 am 
Post subject: c section or normal dlivery??!!!
i gave birth 4years and 6months ago with my first child, i had a c section dlivery with my first child, now im 7months pregnant and i never had the chance to see a doctor for prenatal check ups or even a ultrasound..,,my major concern about my pregnancy now is can i have a normal dlivery even f i had a c section with my first child?? coz i dont have much money to pay for a c section... please help me guys... thank you in advance.. Smile
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
I think a normal delivery is recommended even after a C Section these days (unless their is a pressing reason). Its called a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) - so you may want to research it a bit.

If you've not had any appointments or scans then you wont know the position of the baby etc - which could be an issue. I would try to see a midwife or doctor to make sure everything is okay with your pregnancy before you try for a normal birth.

Good Luck
Katie88
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
wow thats strange, no scans or antenatal appointments? you haven't even seen a midwife? Do you mind me asking why? Very Happy
Ypu could really do with seeing a midwife, maybe your GP is the first port of call or you local hospital??
VBAC's are becoming increasingly popular and in most cases are perfectly safe and manageable

Good luck x
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 am 
Post subject:
Are you from the US by any chance ?
VBAC is a good option for birth after a section and has a good success rate, its definately trying for a VBAC anyway as you have a 70-80% chance of having a natural birth which is actually slightly better odds than for a woman who hasn't had a previous section strangely enough ( maybe because the staff looking after you for a VBAC often do their very best to avoid a repeat c section ? )
I would try and see someone before the birth though , are there no clinics that you can see a midwfie at for free ? (sorry don't know much about the healthcare abroad )
A breech baby isn't the big problem some docs will make out and isn't a reason why you should have to have a repeat section if you don't want to but it is good to know as the delivery should be handled slightly differently , Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular