Potty training - give up?

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:47 am 
Post subject: Potty training - give up?
Hi, soooo I've decided to attempt to train Oliver and yesterday (day one) did two wees on the toilet straight away in the morning (thought I had cracked it already! Haha!) but rest of day was having accidents in pants. By the end of the day he was refusing to sit on toilet at all and i was getting stressed so put him back in a nappy from 5pm as didn't want to stress him out further.

Today no wees on toilet so far but seems to be telling us while he is weeing that he needs to go. Also happy again to sit on the toilet so that's good.

I'm running out of pants and just not sure if I'm forcing it on him by me deciding he is too big for nappies rather than him being properly ready.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
if you are at home then i would just leave him with pants off, thats how i started with my daughter as i found as soon as she had pants on she would wee in them.

its a good sign that he is understanding, so just keep perservering

xTEGx
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
All kids are ready at different ages and it also depends on how much time and how much patience you have. I work full-time so I did procrastinate for quite a few months but in the end I waited until the day after my son turned 3.

I think he may have been ready beforehand but as it turned out, he got it straight away and nearly 6 months on, I think he may have had less the a dozen accidents during the day.

For us, leaving it until he was 3 worked out for us perfectly. I know a lot of kids are ready well before then but if you give it a go at any age and regardless of whether you think they understand, if they are having quite a few accidents, I say, leave it for a couple months or so.

My son is now dry through the night. We started two weeks ago and he has had one accident. I know it's still early, but again, I think we have just timed it right (maybe we've just got lucky).

All the best.
xTx
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 pm 
Post subject:
I'm going to leave my lo for another while yet. My 2 girls were trained quite early on, my older son was over 3 when he was trained. After he was I can count on one hand the amount of accidents he has had. My friend trained her lo really early and he still has accidents and he's nearly 7.

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your replies... I've decided to put him back in nappies because although I think he does have a bit of an idea when he's going at times he was going every half hour just little amounts.

I am normally relatively patient but I could feel myself getting stressed out with him which is silly but I really couldn't help it. He was starting to resist sitting on the toilet and I didn't want to scare him x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular