Help..

Erin92
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm 
Post subject: Help..
Am I pregnant?

I turned to this forum because I wanted some feedback from people more experienced than myself. And I want to put this concern to some ease so maybe I can get my mind off the situation.

I had unprotected sex the week of August 27th, when I was possibly ovulating. I have gained 5 lbs since, have constantly been tired and hungry and very moody. My breasts are very sore, and I constantly feel warm. My period is supposed to start in 3 - 4 days, but late last night I noticed very light pink, intermittent spotting that has since stopped and started and stopped again. I don't have any children and have not been pregnant before, so I'm not sure what this could mean. I have taken two tests that were both negative, last week. I know it could have been too soon to tell though.

What do you think?
Erin92
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 pm 
Post subject:
Oh. Yes.
And I use the bathroom about 2 - 3 times an hour, my back is hurting and I feel like I could sleep for days. I just need some feedback on the situation before I drive myself mad thinking about it.

When should I test again, if necessary? my last test was yesterday morning.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
I think I'd test again now Smile all of the things you described can be totally normal after ovulation (bloating, mood swings ,sore boobs,rise in temps, even nausea and tiredness can all be down to the normal rise in progesterone after ovulation) and some women will get spotting for a few days before their period but if you did conceive shortly after the unprotected sex 14 days ago then you should get a result on a pregnancy test now, especially if you pick a brand that says its for early testing , hopefully you'll get the result you want Smile Good luck xxx
Erin92
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
The thing is, I tested and iit said negative. But then I started spotting.. And I NEVER spot. My period is dot on, straight to bleeding and full out every month on the date. I usually don't get nausea and all of the other symptoms very much, so I'm not sure what to do. I took an early test and it was negative. I am slightly really hopeful I am, so I'm afraid that is getting in the way of knowing if I am or not. But, I "feel" pregnant. I know, how can I when I've never before? I don't know, but there's this gut feeling I have going on. Which is why even though my test said neg, I'm still thinking its wrong.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry I wrote my post before seeing you'd said you tested yesterday , yes sometimes you can get a false negative on a home pregnancy test, some women will only have it confirmed by a blood test, its not as rare as you might think for a number of reasons , but at this stage its even more common for a test to say no when you actually are as the hormone levels can still be fairly low, its a good idea to leave 48 hrs before testing again if you can wait that long as levels double approximately every 48 hrs at this point and some women also find 2nd morning urine or even evening urine samples work better than early morning ones (as long as they're concentrated enough ) Question
i've had that gut feeling you describe and been pregnant ( I had it with my first ), but i've also had it twice while TTC this time and not been so i wouldn't rely on that alone, but hopefully you are Smile and the tests will show it in a day or two xx
Erin92
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Oh no, that's fine! I had forgotten to include a few things.

I've looked into early symptoms a few times, and I've had almost a 90% or more match to them. And I've just felt off lately. I will test again if I don't start my period in the next day or two.
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
I tested on the earliest and latest day I expected my period and got negatives both times, een though i was convinced i was pregnant. I even told friends the reason i was so tired was because i was pregnant!

eventually 4 days after the latest i expected my period i tested again and got a positive. so it is still possible

Erin92
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
I just noticed a few other things...
I have stopped spotting altogether and now I'm seeing a very thick sticky like, clear discharge occasionally. And my back is starting to ache, but that could be work related. I'm also seeing outlines of the veins in my upper chest. I don't like this waiting game, I wish I could find out certainly now. I'm also slightly constipated and nauseous at the same time, but I just ate Taco Bell for a quick snack. I'm also catcching myself dizzy for brief moments and slightly out of breath. But I'm also slightly anemic. Could I be just reading too much into this?

What are your thoughts? I'm starting to be nervous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular