To those with toddlers who nap

Post new topic Reply to topic
Inexperienced
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 29
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 pm 
Post subject: To those with toddlers who nap
Hi, just wondering what your toddlers do when they wake from their nap. Do they call out for you or come find you or do you listen for them on monitor?

Mine (25 months) used to call out or cry depending on if he woke happy or grumpy but today he was half-way down the stairs when I realised he was up.
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 5253
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
My two used to cry a bit but now they either just start talking to one another or stay totally quiet so i need to go in and check on them after a certain length of time. They still sleep in their cots though and can't get out so they can't come to me.
_________________


gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 1136
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Sophia used to cry out but then when in her big bed, she would do this or come and find me, depending on the mood she was in when she awoke.

She now very rarely naps, although i think she still does need a short nap.

Mandy xx
_________________
amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 30 Aug 2009
Posts: 1911
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
I have to listen out on the monitor but normally i have to wake him up after 2.5 hrs of hed be there all day. hes in a bed now and even then he wont get out - he takes his cars to bed with him and just plays with them when he wakes until i go get him x
_________________


[/url]
Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 1476
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
jennaxhx wrote:
My two used to cry a bit but now they either just start talking to one another or stay totally quiet so i need to go in and check on them after a certain length of time. They still sleep in their cots though and can't get out so they can't come to me.


Yeah mins still sleeps in her cot but she normally just wakes up and plays with her dolls and teddy's....I normally know shes awake because I can hear her talking to them haha!

Thought I was the only one who still used my cot as this age, feel a bit better that you've said the same Jenna Very Happy Need to sort her proper room out but just havent had the time or money lately and a bed wont fit in the room she's in.

xx
_________________
amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 30 Aug 2009
Posts: 1911
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Alfies only just been in his bed about a month or so. and only because i found out i was pregnant and knew id need the cot x
_________________


[/url]
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 5253
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
Lilly777 wrote:
jennaxhx wrote:
My two used to cry a bit but now they either just start talking to one another or stay totally quiet so i need to go in and check on them after a certain length of time. They still sleep in their cots though and can't get out so they can't come to me.


Yeah mins still sleeps in her cot but she normally just wakes up and plays with her dolls and teddy's....I normally know shes awake because I can hear her talking to them haha!

Thought I was the only one who still used my cot as this age, feel a bit better that you've said the same Jenna Very Happy Need to sort her proper room out but just havent had the time or money lately and a bed wont fit in the room she's in.

xx


I was thinking the same lol I have seen beds i want to buy for them but need to wait til i have the money so it'll prob be after christmas at this rate!
_________________


Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 1476
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
A few people have pulled a kind of 'still?' face when I say shes still in a cot but there are a few reasons, mainly being the fact a bed wont fit and I want her room girly and perfect and also totally selfishly I like the fact when she wakes up through the night she rolls over and goes back to sleep whereas I know for a million per cent fact that once she's in a bed she'll be up at all hours haha! She does still sleep really well in it and she's never tried to climb out or anything.....gonna leave her while we're all still happy hehe!

Hoping to have her room sorted during our Xmas holidays coz thats our next big time off work so not much longer til shes getting hers sorted.

xx
_________________
Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 1476
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
jennaxhx wrote:


I was thinking the same lol I have seen beds i want to buy for them but need to wait til i have the money so it'll prob be after christmas at this rate!


Totally agree....the bed we've seen is 200 quid but I really want a white one and this one has little white wooden sides and extends as she grows so hopefully it will last years but the room shes going into needs a total overhaul so is gonna cost a few bob too so its gonna have to wait a bit longer I think!

As long as they're still getting a good and comfy nights sleep then I dont see what the problem is anyway?

xx
_________________
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 5253
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Lilly777 wrote:
A few people have pulled a kind of 'still?' face when I say shes still in a cot but there are a few reasons, mainly being the fact a bed wont fit and I want her room girly and perfect and also totally selfishly I like the fact when she wakes up through the night she rolls over and goes back to sleep whereas I know for a million per cent fact that once she's in a bed she'll be up at all hours haha! She does still sleep really well in it and she's never tried to climb out or anything.....gonna leave her while we're all still happy hehe!

Hoping to have her room sorted during our Xmas holidays coz thats our next big time off work so not much longer til shes getting hers sorted.

xx


I haven't actually mentioned it to anyone come to think of it. I'm sure i'd get that face too though lol I'm so with you on the selfish factor haha thats what i'm dreading about moving them to beds and they dont try to climb out either so like you say no rush if everyones happy Smile
_________________


Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 1454
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Eoin has been in his bed since 15 months. When he wakes he just cries. Once ir twice he's got up and made his way to my bed.
_________________

xFayeGotBabyDustx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 4943
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
Aiden has just gone into a bed this week, I was absolutely dreading it, convinced he would turn into the worlds worst sleeper etc, but he's been absolutely fine (touch wood) whether it's a novelty at the moment I don't know but up until tonight he has just gone into his room got into bed and stayed asleep, then in the morning he calls for me and when I've gone I to his room he's just sitting up in his bed Very Happy even his daytime naps have been good. His room is soooo tiny tho and we've had to put the bed under his window as its the only place it will fit.......and I know he's been peeping out of his window at some point cos all his blinds are bent where he's been lifting them up Rolling Eyes

I put him to bed at 7pm tonight....all went quite, then at 9pm I heard some banging coming from upstairs......went into him and he'd got hold of one of his birth presents (one of those little egg cup & spoon sets in silver) and was bashing the window with it!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Told him its 'ny nighs' now and he just snuggled down and I haven't heard another peep!

I stopped using the monitor months ago as I can always hear him crying or calling for me anyway, I also close his bedroom door (which is also quite stiff) so he wouldn't be able to come out of his room himself and he seems fine with that as he knows no different really.

Sorry gone a bit off topic there haven't I!!!!! Xxx
_________________


Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 06 Jun 2011
Posts: 2728
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 am 
Post subject:
Lilly777 wrote:
jennaxhx wrote:
My two used to cry a bit but now they either just start talking to one another or stay totally quiet so i need to go in and check on them after a certain length of time. They still sleep in their cots though and can't get out so they can't come to me.


Yeah mins still sleeps in her cot but she normally just wakes up and plays with her dolls and teddy's....I normally know shes awake because I can hear her talking to them haha!

Thought I was the only one who still used my cot as this age, feel a bit better that you've said the same Jenna Very Happy Need to sort her proper room out but just havent had the time or money lately and a bed wont fit in the room she's in.

xx


My lex would still be in a cot if she had her way, she loved it Smile i only took her put of it cos i got phoebe a bed in the next sale. Phoebe is 4 an was in a toddler bed still lol. She does still have a cot at my mums tho. I wouldnt worry about ppl think xx
_________________

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 3244
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:49 am 
Post subject:
We quite often have to wake him. If we don't then he sits in his bed and yells 'Ma I stuck' until I go in. No idea why because he gets out of bed as soon as I'm there
_________________


Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 1476
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Lexismum wrote:
I wouldnt worry about ppl think xx


Learnt a long time ago to ignore what others thought hun, everyone seems to have an opinion on how you raise your children!

Each to their own I say, if it works for you then so be it (altho I fully would expect the look if she was still in the cot at 10 Laughing ).

xx
_________________
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

Community

Popular