Gearing up to..

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 am 
Post subject: Gearing up to..
take away DS dummy....

Wanted to do it ages ago... but DD came along and she had a dummy and it was just too much for him.

But he chews through the teat like crazy and am fed up of buying more, plus he is a big boy and its time to go....

Thinking once he only has one left I will take him for a walk to the ducks and tell him that if he gives it to the duckies then they will give him a present. Then no more dummy... Hope it works and hope he doesn't mind seeing his sister with one. Would love to get rid of hers now too, but it seems she has all her front teeth coming in at the same time and is sooo miserable... I just can't do that to her.

How did it go for you when you took your LO's dummy away?

Thanks. xxx

keltru
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Emilia had bitten holes in both sides of hers and I was worried that she'd chew the teat off in her sleep and choke, so it had to go. I sat with her and put my finger in one of the holes and tore the teat off. I said "look dummy is broken its got to go in the bin" she watched me put it in the bin and never asked for It back! It was hard at first if she woke in the night if she had a nightmare or something, but she just uses her blanket to comfort her more at night now. Good luck! I'm sure he'll be fine x x

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 am 
Post subject:
Ah, that is a good one! I might do that actually thanks. Carlo totally understands "broken" and putting something in the bin. He might like to do that more than the ducks.

Thanks! Smile
xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular