Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject: Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??
Hi ladies, thought I would start up another thread as the last one is pretty full. Its nice to have somewhere to chat about treatment, so if anyone else has got appointments coming up, please join!

We had our consultation today, and as we had a natural FET last time, she said we dont even need to do a trial month, just ring on day one on my next cycle!! Only thing is I need to get bloods done again, and my next day one will be in less than 2 weeks, so not sure there will be time, either way it should be very soon! Excited now!
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Hey Fc , as you know we will be starting a FET very soon. Within the next couple of weeks we will be booking our outcome review and treatment information appointment. Smile xx
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies I have appointment with the consultation on the 10th oct. will find out more on this day good luck ladies.xxxx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nutty, thats good news, hope you dont have to wait too long for your appointment. Have you decided if your going for natural or medicated? When I was with the consultant I mentioned that I believed my first cycle hadnt worked cos of all the drugs, and she said that there had been research into this and that for some women the drugs produce so much oestrogen (sp?) that it kind of speeds up the bodys natural cycle and so the body is ready for the embryo before the embryo is transferred. Wonder if this is what happened with you as you responded so well? If so there's a really good chance the fet could work for you.

Hi tinystar, good luck for your appointment. What treatment is it your having? Is this your first appointment?

I rang the gp today and have an appointment monday afternoon to see if we can get bloods done there. Really hoping they will as clinic wanted £120 for each of us!! If I can get the results to them before my next cycle I could be having et ina about a months time!! Cant believe how easy it all sounds.
portfield
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
I have been reading about everyone else's stories on here for years lol but never post about my own so as I have some time today thought I would finally add my story.
My hubby had a vasectomy 7 years ago by mutual decision after a few tough pregnancies but within 2 years of it being done I have regretted it. We went to see our GP and a consultant about a reversal but finding the money to have it reversed is not really an option at the moment.
On another forum I read a story about someone having PESA instead, then IVF. This is the way we are now thinking of going. We have to pay £1000 for the PESA treatment and as I am very happy to egg share (this is something I have always said I will do anyway) our IVF treatment will be free and as we will need ICSI we have to pay the £700 top up. Much cheaper for us financially than the £3700 reversal costs, but emotionally a harder few months. We are now saving up the money for the PESA treatment, hoping to have the money in the next few months.
I am 34 next month so have a time scale too for treatment so working as much overtime as I can. I do love reading about how all you r treatments are going, I would not know anything if I didn't and we are now looking forward to adding our own story soon.
Michelle
tinystar78
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies this will be my first appointment not sure what will happen or what they will do. I'm hoping it's to tell us when we can start our treatment as I am doing surrogacy.xxxx
LoubyLou1978
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies,

Good luck nutty, fc, tinystar and port field Smile

I am currently awaiting my natural frozen blastocyst transfer with this months cycle. Started peeing on my sticks on Wednesday and I have just had my LH surge this morning - was so good to see the smiley face Smile Smile Smile

Very excited and all nervous once again. I've got to ring my clinic in the morning as no one is there on a Sunday! I had ohss in April with my IVF cycle then so we have been waiting to do this transfer since then but my cycles were all over the place. I have that excited nervousness and dread all at once! I'm not sure when the transfer will take place until I speak to the clinic tomorrow. Eeeeeek

Please keep us updated with all your stories ladies. I've not been commenting much on here since my ohss in April but I've still been coming on here to read everyone else's.

Ally & fluffy - not sure where you are at the moment but I hope you are both very well and that your bumps are blooming xx

Little cherubs- not heard from you in a while either, hope you are okay xx

Fingers crossed everyone xxxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
I think theyll do all the usual health checks etc tiny and then discuss timetable of what is going to happen. Thats what happened at mine.

Fc I think we are going to go with the medicated although we will discuss that at out outcome review and ask why they recommend it. Will also ask about 2 being replaced instead of 1. Think Im going to bite the bullet and ring the clinic tomorrow and book the appointment, just need to check with o/h as he needs to get the time off work. x
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi nutty - do you get a choice whether to do natural or medicated? My clinic basically said that as my cycles are usually regular enough (every 33-35 days) I would just do natural? I am concerned that I'm just not having to do anything or give y body any help at all Shocked X
AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls I just wanted to day hi and wish you all luck on the next stage of your journeys Very Happy

Louby - Glad to see that you are back in the game and great that you've got your surge! I believe that whether you do natural or medicated would also depend on the thickness of your lining as well as whether you have regular cycles. Although I always had very regular cycles of 29 days my lining was always ridiculously thin so needed lots of drugs to bring that up to speed! Good luck and let us know when you go for your transfer. Very Happy

Tinystar - good luck with your surragacy. That's an amazing thing you are doing! Smile

Portfield - welcome and good luck! Cool

Fc - great news that you have hopefully got the ball rolling by having your bloods done at the GPs. Hope your little man is doing well! Very Happy

Nutty - Be brave and book that appointment tomorrow!! Smile

Stay positive all of you, you will get there in the end!

xxx

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all!

Ally- thank you for the best wishes, cant believe I'm starting this again! My little boy is good thanks apart from teething problems! How are you feeling? Hope your little boy is behaving himself for you and not exhausting you too much!!

Nutty- hope you feel ready to book that appointment soon, I took from March to August after my icsi to be ready to go for fet, I think building up to ivf is such a big thing that takes over so much of your life its good to have some time to relax and have another focus for a while.

Louby lou-how exciting that you got your surge! When will embryo transfer be? I did a natural fet which worked 2 years ago and I have a little boy, I will be doing natural again as found it so stress free and it worked! As Ally said, unless there is a particular reason to need the drugs then natural is a great way to do it. You are lucky with your clinic as some discourage natural fet's as they dont have control over your cycle and cant schedule your appointments to suit them.

Tinystar- Wow, thats really good that you are going to be a surrogate, do you know the couple you are doing it for? Do you already have children yourself? I think its amazing that people do such caring things for others.

Hi Portfield- Glad to hear you are getting the ball rolling, hope you can save the money quickly!

As for me, we have our doctors appointment tomorrow, hopefully they will do the blood tests for us. I am just trying to take one day at a time at the moment and not get carried away with thinking, planning, working out dates etc, like I usually do! This is all happening a lot sooner than I thought it would, so if blood tests take longer or for whatever reason we cant start on the next cycle I wont be too disappointmed. Its happening, thats good enough for me!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
tinystar78
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies.
Fc I have 4 children of my own 2 girls 2 boys. This is my second surro journey.
Had twins last year girl/boy.xxxx
I know the couple it is all done through an agency.xxxxxx
Good luck with all your journeys lets have more bfps.xxxxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:10 am 
Post subject:
LoubyLou1978 wrote:
Hi nutty - do you get a choice whether to do natural or medicated? My clinic basically said that as my cycles are usually regular enough (every 33-35 days) I would just do natural? I am concerned that I'm just not having to do anything or give y body any help at all Shocked X

When I spoke to the nurse last month she said it was something we could discuss with the consultant and they certainly wouldnt refuse should we want to opt for a natural cycle. I think we will make the final decision on the day after listening to what they have to say and their reasoning.

Seems theres quite a few of us going for fet's which is nice as theyll be a fair bit of support and similarities in our posts Smile xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Booked our follow up consultation and a treatment information appointment. Its not till 8th October as thats the earliest they could do a double appointment. That gives us 1 last shot at trying naturally before the transfer and for me to get a bit healthier, been slacking just lately. x
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies having just spoken to claire I thought i would join this thread hope you dont mind...

I am 88 and new this site... having been TTC for past 18 months and having 10 rounds of chlomid and ovarian drilling we have decided that enough is enough. I have PCOS and my periods are regular around 35 days most months. My partners sperm is 5 x the average so we dont have any problem on his side.

We are booked for our consultation at Herts and Essex Fertility centre in a few weeks with a starting date of last week in October. right now going through process of getting our blood tests done through GP etc to save some money.

we have said we will give it 2 goes and then call it a day but keeping an open mind. we are both healthy and active, non smokers ....

Claire like you i am trying to stay fit and healthy i dont drink much water but drinking lots today yukkkk and taking my folic acid again, bf poured me a wine last night and felt guilty drinking it so didnt..... guess the odd glass wont hurt me.

amazing news that you got so many eggs to freeze.... do u mind me asking why they didnt implant 2 embryos ?
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 1 of 259

Jump to:  

Community

Popular