Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hope that all made sense lol, It may be worth telling your employers whats happening and asking if you could take the time off as un paid leave dependent on how much holiday you have to use. My o/h is planning on asking for unpaid leave for our next go because he has used up around 12 of his holiday days over our 2 cycles.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
terri!!! Very Happy Very Happy so happy to see/hear from you!! Smile

I'm doing ok, although with every day that goes by i feel more nauseous and i have insomnia??!!?!?! thats really frustrating as its make me irritable lol my poor hubby! Laughing Started my injections last thur on cd2 Gonal F for 5 days, then yesterday i added in another injection that stings like a B*Tch Smile Embarassed Embarassed go for my first check scan 2moro (so 6 days after injections started).
With regards to work, i work on a medical admissions unit as a nurse so can be (more so in winter) extremely stressful, so i had a word with my line manager and my gp and hes signed me off sick for the whole protocol (28days as im doing short protocol) thankfully my boss is great! so i dont need to worry about work, its just that i wont get my enhancements on my wage Sad

really excited for ur appt, should be pretty quick after that hopefully? Question lets hope so Smile

I did watch the ivf clinic last night and if my honest, i couldnt watch it Sad normally im very eager to watch it and my hubby isnt... this time i didnt want to watch it and my hubby did Shocked Shocked lol... i found it hard, so many obstacles and things that can go wrong, and im in a positive frame of mind atm i didnt want any thing to influence it, im worried if i see the negative side it will just play in my mind when i go for it next week, will prob feel more comforatble when its over, i think it was just abit too close in time for me Sad
Keep me posted hun! wana know everything Smile xxxx
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
What was the programme on tv called??

I had my appointment today, I finish my pill on Monday yet I'm starting my injections tonight, arghh! I've got my whole schedule, think I follow it! I'm also taking tablets for diabetes, I don't suffer but they say it will reduce the risk of OHSS as the nurse said I might be poorly with it :/ not what I wanna hear! But hey, all worth it.... Very Happy
XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
exciting faye!! let me know how u get on Smile hopefully the injections wont be too bad for u! 1st is always the worst lol Smile are u feeling better from stopping the pill? x
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:53 pm 
Post subject:
Omg that really stings!!!!!!!! :,( I'm such a [*CENSORED*]!
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 am 
Post subject:
Thanks claire thats great, the pack I got was full of loads and loads of info it just doesnt give it you like that, it tells you about short and long protocol which I understand but how do they determine which one you do?

So I may need 8 different times off work... (well I am off next wed afternoon for the appointment so theres one less Smile )

I am really debating on what to do I either get a sick note off my docs for a week to cover most of it or I say I am going into hospital for 'womans things' and need time off but I dont want to lie I like my boss he is a great guy and I couldnt lie to him, I might have to be honest with him, I think I will cross the bridge when I come to it?
I have holidays but dont really want to use them all in one go as I have the whole year yet and I have to think of it not working and doing it again how would I do it then with the stress of no holidays etc.. if you understand what I mean!

I never ever am off sick and dont want to lie about it, I could ask if I could maybe work from home for a bit on certain days maybe he would do that then the question isnt being asked about where I am constantly?! because its a massive round trip of around 3-4 hours I suppose I could do half days?! I dont know I think I will come to that when I need to.

Are they all spaced out with a few days in between? xxx

nutty1 wrote:
Terri Id imagine youll be doing long protocol like me this is the appointments I had from off top of my head:

1 - Consultation
2 - Treatment Information Appointment (get given schedule, drugs, shown how to inject etc)

Inbetween appointment 2 and 3 you down regulate with the pill and injections

3 - Scan to check you have down regulated (womb lining has to be nice and thin and ovaries quiet)

Begin stimmulating injections between appointment 3 and 4 (whilst still doing down regulating injections)

4 - First scan to check womb lining and that your ovaries are responding, theyll measure follicles etc.. and adjust drug dosages if needed.

Carry on stimming inbetween 4 and 5

5 - Another scan to check ovaries and womb lining, they may give you a date for egg collection at this appointment dependent on growth.

6 - Possible 3rd scan to check growth once more ( I had 3 scans)

Inbetween 6 and 7 you take trigger shot to mature the eggs
7 - Egg collection
Start progesterone pessaries after colletion
8 - Embryo transfer

So around 8 appointments is the average. Scan appointments are really quick once you get seen normally like 10 mins. x

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 am 
Post subject:
helllooooo!!!

Wow so you are really doing it.... Yeah Yeah

How has OH been with it all?

Thats the thing I know I could probably get paid leave I cant see them being funny about me being off I could also maybe do a bit of work from home now and again but I dont want it obvious that I am in and out!

I just dont know what to do, also I dont want everyone at work knowing what we are going to do as I dont want the pressure of everyone knowing , its a small company with around 25 office based staff and I have been here a long time so know everyone and it would be so obvious that I am in and out, there are a lot of family memebers here the boss has his 3 daugheters and his son and daughter in law so I could tell the boss as I do get on really well with him but dont want him to tell his wife who then tells her daughter and then gossips with the rest of the family.... arrrrrrr!!!! think I am definately going to cross that bridge when I get to it!

I am hoping it is quick after that I have googled and it seems that once you have had this app you get the go ahead and start next cycle (if they have it available!!!!)

so could be on here soon asking thousands of questions Embarassed Laughing

I am unsure wether to watch it just yet Confused Question

I am very positive at the moment so I dont want anything to make me feel like that I even felt strong enough to watch one born but then couldnt I deleted it haha I always cry at that!

I just hope we get good news in a week, I am sure it shouldnt be too bad as they have sent a mssive pack and its all info about ivf on what you do and all the contact numbers for each departement etc so I am sure we may get it!!

I am scared but happy at hoping to get to start!!

We are away for a weekend early feb and thats everything thats booked we are free after that nothing stopping us putting 100% in to it together!! xxx

labbttcno1 wrote:
terri!!! Very Happy Very Happy so happy to see/hear from you!! Smile

I'm doing ok, although with every day that goes by i feel more nauseous and i have insomnia??!!?!?! thats really frustrating as its make me irritable lol my poor hubby! Laughing Started my injections last thur on cd2 Gonal F for 5 days, then yesterday i added in another injection that stings like a B*Tch Smile Embarassed Embarassed go for my first check scan 2moro (so 6 days after injections started).
With regards to work, i work on a medical admissions unit as a nurse so can be (more so in winter) extremely stressful, so i had a word with my line manager and my gp and hes signed me off sick for the whole protocol (28days as im doing short protocol) thankfully my boss is great! so i dont need to worry about work, its just that i wont get my enhancements on my wage Sad

really excited for ur appt, should be pretty quick after that hopefully? Question lets hope so Smile

I did watch the ivf clinic last night and if my honest, i couldnt watch it Sad normally im very eager to watch it and my hubby isnt... this time i didnt want to watch it and my hubby did Shocked Shocked lol... i found it hard, so many obstacles and things that can go wrong, and im in a positive frame of mind atm i didnt want any thing to influence it, im worried if i see the negative side it will just play in my mind when i go for it next week, will prob feel more comforatble when its over, i think it was just abit too close in time for me Sad
Keep me posted hun! wana know everything Smile xxxx

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:40 am 
Post subject:
Glad that helped Terri, If I were you Id be honest with your boss from a lot what Ive read online a lot of employers are very sympathetic to the situation so you may be able to come to some kind of arrangement.
As for the long and short protocol I think long protocols are offered more often and to people like you and me where we are 'normal' so to speak with no problems with ovulating, low reserves etc, polycystic ovaries etc. Id be very suprised if you wasnt on long protocol.

Afm I emailed the clinic yesterday to ask why they preferred using artificial cycles and whether it affected the success rates, I got a reply today and it seems it does affect the results quite significantly so Im going to talk to o/h later. Id rather go with the artifical seeing the clinic results they sent me.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi... terri, i agree with claire in telling your boss your situation, you may feel better if he knows so you dont feel your lying? Question Question

My scan- Lining looking good Very Happy

My follicules- hmmm apparently i have 20 on left ovary and 16 on right. Biggest follcule was 12mm, there were 4 at 8-9mm possible 10mm and all the rest (quite alot) are only 6mm Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad which, by the way they were taking, i assume might not be mature enough at collection...
So in a way im abit gutted, i have to continue on same dose injections, but can i ask what everyone elses measurements were and how many eggs were collected, i'm worried we wont have many at all!! Crying or Very sad

they want to rescan me friday!
Louise. xx
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
Is that your first scan Louise to check growth? At my first scan when I started stimms I had 1 over 10mm the rest were under think they counted 13 on left and 13 on the right. I stimmed for 15 days in total in the end on 150miu gonal f and I ended up with 29 eggs.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
hi claire, yes its my first growth scan, they said they will grow approx 1mm per day and are aiming collection for thur so thats 8 days, i will prob do 12 days stims and i do 100miu of gonal F... so if theyre 6mm now, it will only be around 14mm for collection uinless they give me an extra day... should i maybe cut down on water? to stim more? xx
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
No whatever you do dont cut down on the water! I think at my clinic they aimed to see a certain amount over 18mm before egg collection its hard to remember the exact figures now. If needs be theyll up the dosage of the gonal f after your next scan. It sounds like your follicles are very to similar to what mine were at that stage.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
ok, we shall see what happens on friday then Smile hopefully should be ok.
Thanks xxx Very Happy
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Well ladies looks like we're starting sooner rather than later Very Happy I decided I wanted to go for it, o/h said it was entirely upto me when we started as Im the one who has to go through all of it. We have gone with the artifical cycle in the end because the statistics that the clinic presented us with we couldnt ignore not when the chances of success with a frozen cycle are lowered anyway. So we have an appointment booked for next thursday at 12 to sign the consent forms and a pipelle booked for 12:30, Ill be at just the right point in my cycle to begin injecting - which will be next friday I think.
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Claire thats fantastic news you must be really excited!!

Labb try not to worry too much I only had a few follies that were 10mm and loads that were small i ended up with 25 follies on each ovary but only 15 of them were big enough to use. Keep positive hun it will be all good! Smile

Nicky I hope your doing well? and everyone else ive probably forgotten loads of people I hope your all well?

As for me Im not vomitting anymore I just feel like im constantly going to be sick all day and night im not sure whats worse feeling it or actually being sick lol but as weird as it is im so grateful for feeling so bad! We had our scan today im 7wks and 3 days we saw a big grey blob with a little heart beating away really fast and I cried like a baby Smile

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 265, 266, 267  Next
Page 76 of 267

Jump to:  

Community

Popular