Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
I looked into the propolis but didnt get any, I found a thread on some fertility forum cant remember where and some of the lists of supplements the ladies were taking in the run up to treatment was crazy. I didnt want to end up popping loads of tablets a day like that.
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
Have to admit to being the same nutty, I didn't want to be popping loads of stuff either but at stage now where I will try anything now, even if I do rattle Wink
littlecherubs1973
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
I know how you both feel. I was taking so many vits & supplements during previous cycles I was rattling & it didn't make much of a difference for me. In fact this time I took only pregnancare during the cycle & folic acid on the run up. I do however, have a tea spoonful of manuka honey in my tea instead of sugar. Manuka honey has propolis & other active nutrients in it and this time I was told my eggs were good quality. 6/8 & 7/8, so who knows.....

Trying not to lose faith, maybe ill get a wee surprise like Quinny Very Happy
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
eve ladies well hospital will give full refund Very Happy
And gp booked me for a reasurance scan to be done
and 6ws so only two wks to wait Very Happy

Thankyou all for your support not sure what thread i belong to now lol
gillym
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
Great news on both fronts Quinny.

Lc I was only taking pregnacare on this cycle and got told eggs weren't of good quality am trying to see if I can get improvements. Ever since I came off pill Af is really light and only lasts a couple of days I did mention it to the drs but none really thought it was an issue but I've read online that it can be an indicator of poor quality so I'm hoping that I see an improvement. If nothing changes then we have to make choice of trying again but altering stimms slightly to see if can get better result or use doner eggs. It such a lot of money to spend and then get same result, on otherhand its a difficult choice to go for doner eggs so not sure what we'll do.
gillym
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Oh and fingers crossed u do get a surprise like quinny's I'm hoping for one too Wink
littlecherubs1973
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:15 am 
Post subject:
Ach I know GillyM. Its such a personal & unique situation for everyone. What seems to work for one doesnt for the other. It makes me wonder if any of these supplements make a diff & its just pure pot luck of that particular cycle. But You do what you can in the faith it does make a diffference. It really is so much money as you so for the same result. It's such a big life decision to make. But you sacrifice everything for the outcome we all crave. Have your clinic gave you any info on why your eggs may have been low quality?

We have pretty much decided that we won't go down the donor route. We have one more cycle with the NHS if this one doesn't work & then that's it I am afraid. We have spent ~ £20k so far so there has to be a point where we stop & just accept the cards we have been dealt in life & get on with enjoying what we do have.

I am 4 days post transfer now & nothing to report Question Still praying for cramps! What a crazy thing to pray for!

LCx
gillym
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 am 
Post subject:
I know, I think the same what works for one doesn't for another, but worth a try. I'm also trying to destress a bit as well. I have quite a stressful job and been doing a masters in the evening as well so going to drop the masters for a bit. It might not make a blind bit of diff but u never know. They didn't really say why they thought quality was low. They said could be a reaction to drugs and they could alter protocol slightly. The first indication that anything was wrong was the low follicle count of 5 so they said could just be low reserve and the ones left are low quality. I reacted really well to the stimms better than they expected so that was looking good, I got 9 eggs but they noticed that they weren't of good quality. Only one fertilised, and then next morning nothing in fact it had sort of collapsed back in itself. They said could maybe lower stimms next time if we try again.

I don't qualify for nhs in my area as they only do up to 35, I'm 36. If I moved 10 miles away I would qualify at same hospital, post code lottery is such a pain as well. It's also so annoying as I feel I wasted valuable time waiting on nhs only to be told as we were about to be referred oh your too old. Had they told us that at the start we would have went straight for private. We also wound have more money to spend as we got married last year and spent a load on that if we'd known we could have toned down the spending in that, but oh well it's easy to say with hindsight. This one cycle cost us nearly 6k, cos of my high dose of drugs and we also had Icsi so it all pushed the price up.

I really am considering the doner route, but my hubby is more inclined to try again with my eggs. He hasn't given up yet which is nice but he is more hopeful than me of a positive outcome with my own. Sorry for the me post I'm just finding it difficult at the mo. we have been trying since i was 32 and it's hard to think left it too late for me.

Lots of people don't notice symptoms and feel completely normal before bfp so keeping everything crossed for u.
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 am 
Post subject:
Lc stay positive hun I had no symptons at all Shocked was convinced she was on way
Only now am i getting twinges and pulls ect and nipps sore Smile

I have everything crossed for you hun im sure all will turn out well Smile

Gillym hugs hun never give up on y Smile our dream it will come true
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 am 
Post subject:
Awww quinny look at your ticker!! Smile only a week behind me. Very Happy 8 days till the check scan, beginning to get nervous seen as though im not taking progestrone anymore Confused
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am 
Post subject:
Id be an absolute nervous wreck stopping the progesterone, I think I will still be nervous when I stop them at 15 weeks. I still cant bring myself to put a ticker up, Im far to paranoid of something going wrong.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:36 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I'm pretty scared, but apparently when they pierce the follicles when collecting, all the follicles release progesterone which is why on a fresh cycle they only give it till 5 weeks, 12 weeks on a frozen cycle. The ticker helps me count down to scan day 😊still petrified though Sad how ru feeling today Claire? Xx
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 am 
Post subject:
Yeh Im feeling so so, symptoms come and go which Im getting more used to now. Main symptom for me through out so far has been my change in appetite, I love my food normally but I struggle with appetite now and Ill like a certain food for a little while before going off it. Ive lost half a stone since finding out I was pregnant. Im 9 weeks tomorrow, still waiting on our doppler to turn up fingers crossed I can find heartbeat.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou Mrs S went to Dr last night due date is 7th Dec my jakes birthday but cus im a c section lady it would be around 29th november Smile

Clare im sure all will be ok hun we will finally be bump buddies Very Happy
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, I still come on but haven't commented for ages! Quinny is that a natural bfp u have there! Amazing, congrats Very Happy
Nutty glad to see all is still ok, not long till 12 week scan! I just found out a close friend of mine is 9 weeks pregnant, due the same time I would have been.....proper kick in the teeth! I'm feeling a lot better tho, actually looking forward to round 2!
Hope everyone else is good, and good luck to those waiting!!x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 238, 239, 240  Next
Page 154 of 240

Jump to:  

Community

Popular