Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:02 am
Still here Faye No twinges or nothing booooo! Have had 2 failed sweeps now as cervix was to high. Have another one booked for Monday and if nothing happens by Friday Im going in to be induced, theyll break my waters first off then if nothing happens I am booked straight for planned c section. So fingers crossed this time next weekend she will be here.
Ttc since December 2007!
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:39 pm
Anna that is very exciting!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!
We had our appt with our RE today. He recommended we don't try any more IVF attempts bc he can't access either ovary very well even though I respond well to the medication. He says bc of this, the fact that I haven't handled the sedation well (waking and moving during retrieval). He recommended that I do injections and do an insemination. He did warn me I could have canceled cycles do to overproduction of follicles.
Not sure what we will do but I think I would rather take a chance on my frustrating body than the adoption services.
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 pm
Hi ladies!! We have had some good news! My husband has been paying too much tax since starting a new job over a year ago, so is in for a big rebate come April! This comes just after I emailed the consultant at our clinic to give us a rough idea of cost for our next icsi cycle so we know how much to save, and she gave us a much lower figure than expected-£3700 as she said they wont charge us for the icsi!!
So, come April we will have saved enough for another go. Feels like everything has fallen into place and it is meant to be. I was in 2 minds about whether to try again or not as with being lucky enough to have one healthy baby through icsi I felt as if we might be pushing our luck a bit, but this seems as if everything is telling us to go again.
Our plan is to relax our health regime over Christmas and enjoy everything, then come January back on it, super healthy eating, no alcohol etc ready for April/may.
Hope you are all well, will anyone else be starting around spring next year?
Anna, when is your next scan?
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:11 am
Fc79 thats great news
we had anouther scan monday baby measuring
14+5 wks still in shock to be honest
Got MW app 2morro then gender scan
nxt wk our hospital tell you at 20wks at cost of
£50 And there is a private clinic that will 4d scan
same price but earlier carnt wait think its girl
as hb sounds like steam train this time
clare you ready for friday xxx
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:21 am
Ready as I'll ever be Anna lol, I really am not looking forward to them attempting to break my waters considering Ive had 3 failed sweeps due to high cervix now. The only good thing is we have a date which means I can get everything sorted out at home - food shopping, all the washing etc.. Im a bit of a control freak when it comes to plans and things so this suits me lol.
Ttc since December 2007!
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:04 pm
Thats such good news Anna, it must be a crazy feeling, one minute wondering whether or not to try again with a frozen cycle and the next getting a 4d gender scan!!
Claire, good luck for Friday. It probably hasnt gone quickly for you, but it doesnt feel long at all to me since we both went for out fet. Hope all goes well, bet you cant wait to hold her.
Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:45 pm
Fc79 great news, looks like all falling into place for u.
That's great jakesmommy.
Nutty good luck for tomorrow.
We still haven't really decided what our next steps are. We have started to talk about adoption so not sure what to do. One minute I think lets have one last go of ivf and the next I am thinking about the kids out there that need a home and thinks maybe that's the path for us. We have enough money saved to have a go of ivf with doner eggs with a shared doner and almost enough to go for an exclusive doner if we go the doner route. Just not sure what is the right path for us.