Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
Ooh, good luck for ET Kas. xxx
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
kaz how did the scan go today?

gillym I only had three at my base line scan I swear by the dhea though I am sure that is the only reason all fertilized.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kas(I think we're confusing people - Kaz & Kas Laughing ) Hi everyone else.
Scan went well thanks. I was a bit freaked out it was a chap doing my scan but he was really nice and it was all fine. They're pleased with my progress, so continuing my dose of 112.5 Gonal F.

What they discovered was:
19 follicles on the right, lead ones measuring 11.5,10.5,10 & 9.5 - rest are below 10
16 on left, lead ones measuring 12,11 &10.5 - the rest are below 10

I think they said 8mm for uterus lining but I'm not sure.

In any case, they're pleased with my progress.

How are you feeling Kas? xxx

How's everyone else? xxx
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
that all sounds good mine was 9mm at the first scan so 8mm is about right. seems that most gynea are men. three men and one woman at our clinic. still a bit sore but did go back to work yesterday. it is just a bit twingey. it is not really that hard you have a z I have a s Very Happy are you a Karen too? it was quite sore on collection day but still did the 1.5 mile walk around our farm in the afternoon.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, I'm a Karen too - lots of us about(all the best people...lol) Very Happy
You were up and about doing a lot quite quickly then. Good that you were fit to return to work so soon. xxx
Been eating so much protein in the past week too. My body is confused! Laughing xxx
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
I have taken from next Monday for two weeks off work so I can sit around not doing much but will still have to do the animals here although can take all day to do them Laughing
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
That's true, at least you can take it easy. You'd go stir crazy if you had NOTHING to do at all anyway. xxx
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, hope no one minds me imposing on the forum. Just wandering if anyone could give me some advice.
My story - I'm 29 and OH is 40, he had a VR about 14 months ago and we haven't as yet been successful in conceiving naturally. We went to the GP and she has filled out a referral form for IVF, I had all my day three bloods done yesterday.

Just wondering if anyone knew what kind of timeline we are looking at and if the GP has referred us does this mean we are able to have IVF on the NHS? We live in Swansea and I can't find anything on the internet which would help indicate the time scale.

Thank you for your help ladies. xxx
kas123
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:53 am 
Post subject:
Welcome to the forum so I am in Carmarthen you will be intitaled to if on the NHS in Wales if you or your partner have not ever had children, have a bmi of under 30 do not smoke and have been actively trying for over two years. There is however a very long waiting list. I think it is currently 18 months. Is you oh producing sperm since his vr. If he is and the quality and quantity is not to bad they will want to do all the tests on you as well which will mean slightly longer as these would need to be done first. Good luck on you journey.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
There are guidelines set out by NICE for IVF funding but different trusts' rules on this vary slightly.
As for the wait - that varies greatly. Kas was put on an 18 month waiting list, whereas I had a 4-6 week wait for mine so it really depends what part of the country and the individual clinic(I'm in East of England and under Bourn Hall). Where are you based?
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi kas123, my OH has two children from a previous marriage so I guess we're not entitled to nhs funding, not sure why our GP has referred us knowing that is the case. He is producing sperm and its of a good quantity but there is a high percentage of anti sperm anti bodies unfortunately.

Thank you for your time and your reply and I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey. xx
kas123
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
you many not be untitled to ivf but they will most probably do iui for you in which case his semen will be washed before being put in you. ivf Wales also deal which fertility issues not just ivf which is why you have been refered to them.
kv08
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi sfj

We were both on the reversal board dont know if you remember me.
we have just had a cycle of ICSI self funded because OH has two children and the reversal they wouldnt do any treatment on the NHS for us no IUI, IVF or ICSI, the only thing they gave me was clomid. I got fed up of trying and getting nowhere so we went to our GP last June he then referred us to the hospital (this is procedure) so they could check me out as it is pointless doing fertility treatment if there is a problem with me as well. They found a problem and resolved it, we have been back and forth a few times since and felt abit messed around so in the end I booked a private appointment with a consultant (even through we were supposed to be referred again by the GP) and then the week after we started treatment this was October this year.
Unfortunately the cycle failed but we are going to try again in the new year.

I feel if you want to get anywhere in this process you have to chase and chase. Sorry for the essay, hope it helps. If you want to know anything please feel free to message me.

Good luck in your journey as it is the hardest thing we have had to face. x x
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi sfj it seems like everyone's experience on nhs is different. At first with my trust they wouldn't refer u until after 3 years unexplained and only did up to 35 which ruled me out for nhs funding as I was 36 after my three years so would never have been eligible. I was so annoyed as if they had told us would never have been eligible then would have gone private earlier. However since then they have changed it to 2 years unexplained and up to 39 which means I now qualify. We got a referral from our Gp in August and then found out two weeks later that I was pregnant naturally. Unfortunately I then lost it, however we never got anything from hospital about referral so I don't know what happened if they lost it or it was cancelled cos I had gotten pregnant. Anyway I think we are now looking at going private again and using doner eggs. Sorry for long post as well but I think everyone has different experience and the main thing is u need to keep on at nhs to keep things moving. I would also say try get as much of your exploratory tests done on nhs as it will save u money if u decide to go private.

Kazm those numbers sound good Smile

Lol u two are confusion everyone as I need to keep checking which Kaz and where u both are in cycle.

Afm got results of amh it was low as expected really and the clinic would recommend going with a doner so we have made appointment with donor team unfortunately 1st appointment is 20th jan. We'll just have to hope for natural miracle in meantime. Also found out last night a friend on mine is 14 weeks preg and due almost exactly a month after we were so it's a bit hard to stomach at the mo.

Hope everyone else is ok.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi gilly. Sorry it wasn't better news re. your AMH - although you don't sound surprised. Hope you're ok. xx

I had another scan this morning. Looks like I have around 36 follies and the biggest is at 16mm currently so they're growing well. Also had a blood test.
Have another scan booked Monday morning and will most likely trigger that night for EC Weds. If my oestrogen had been high, they'd have called and probably advised to trigger Sun for EC Tues - they didn't so it must have been fine.

Hope everyone else is ok. xxx
Page 223 of 264

Jump to:  

Community

Popular