Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
A friend of a friend of mine has had her first IVF, Her test date is 16th dec. She had a bleed yesterday. I was wondering does this mean it has failed or could it be something else? She has been trying for a few years and has had 2 goes at IUI, neither successful.

kas123
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 am 
Post subject:
sorry Gilly my AMH was low as well 1.7. they collected five eggs all fertilised and I had two put back on Saturday. now it's the waiting game.

shellm is could still be implant bleeding. I have had this with my last two pg when I thought it was all over only to get a positive test.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
Kas, congrats on being PUPO.

I have my EC on Wednesday so triggering tonight but my scan today was not so good.
I have 44 follicles(19 left & 25 right), some measuring 19 & 20mm & my oestrogen levels are high. If I get too many eggs on Wednesday(25 or more), they will recommend going to freeze all. Crying or Very sad
Basically I need half of my follicles to be empty Please
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
I was surprised on Friday that they did not trigger shot you. our clinic never let you go about 20 if they can help it. good luck for Wednesday.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if maybe they should have done but I don't know enough about it. xxx
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
They collected 29 eggs from me Kas and I still had the transfer. Though I did get mild ohss and Im sure looking back having had transfer that it was to much for my body to cope with. I didnt even make it to test date before getting a period.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Clare how you feeling hows your beautiful princess
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
I have some tablets (Cabergoline) to try and dial it down a little and got to have lots of water and lots of protein(easier said than done when you've got no appetite). Just have to make myself.

Hope you and little one are doing well. xx
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:58 am 
Post subject:
Hey Anna, Im feeling good. Recovery is a lot quicker with this section than I remember with Jacks emergency one. Hannah is doing great, night feeds are still something Im getting used to but overall she is a really good baby. She is 1 month old on Friday Shocked time has flow by. She started smiling end of last week and is doing it more and more when I talk to her, Im so in love with her I cannot even begin to explain it. I feel so lucky.
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Kas123 my amh was 2.3, but when I did ivf in march last year of 5 eggs I only got one fertilise and then it didn't cleave. They told me that the eggs were of poor quality, I wonder if it was the high level fsh they gave me as when I had fsh done in August it was 4. Something which surprised me. What sort if levels of fsh where u on? Fingers crossed for u, I hope u get your bfp.

Kazm hope it goes well for u tomorrow.

Sounds wonderful nutty.

Anna how are u?
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
wow clare a mth already she is such a cutie
enjoy every min you deserve it
Gillym how are you hun often think how your doing
so hope you get anouther natrual BFP
Afm im ok 18+4 wks now still feels unreal so excited to
be having a little girl Smile
kas123
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
my fhs levels were around 5.6. they had me on the highest level of menopur that I could have been on but was also taking the dhea which they were happy with me still taking. did they short protocol you? was told the menopur is the better drug to be on with a low amh level. was really surprised that all 5 they collected fertilised and three made it to blastocyst stage although the best one did not have the bit that would make the placenta. they were only going to put one back originally but would not freeze the one left as it was only a 3cc so we manage to get them to put it back to. I have taken this week off work and am sitting at home trying not to do anything. the last two day have been hot and having craps and a lot of discharge . sorry tmi. trying not to read to much into it but it's hard. was told not to test till the 20th December yer right.
gillym
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hehe kas123 how long will you last before testing? Im hoping the cramping is a good sign for you. I was on a long protocol for poor responders, was on the maximum amount of stimms but they had me on Gonal F for first week and then a mix of Gonal F and Menopur but the mix was mostly Gonal F. So that is interesting to hear that your clinic recommended Menopur for low amh. Don't think my clinic are happy about you taking anything else whilse doing IVF altho I might have a try with DHEA whilst waiting on the appointment. How much did you take?

Thanks Jakesmommy I'm hoping for another natural BFP as well Wink I'm doing ok just focusing on next steps really - trying not to dwell too much on what could have been. Glad you are doing well and how exciting to be having a little girl Very Happy

KazM good luck for tomorrow.
kas123
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
I was on 75mg a day my clinic also said they would never long protocol a low amh as the last thing you want to do is turn anything of. the first clinic I went to told me to use a donor which I later found out was more for there benefit as it makes there numbers look bad if it doesn't work out. I asked for the gonal f as it was a pen and was told it was no good for me. was on 300 a day. trying to wait till Friday. I have loads of cheapies I can waste.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies. Just having local anaesthetic and gas & air. Didn't fancy the random gibbering that goes with sedation. xxx
Page 224 of 269

Jump to:  

Community

Popular