Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

kas123
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
omg you are brave. I was glade to be asleep.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not brave Kas...just scared by different things. xxx
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:04 am 
Post subject:
good luck today Karen. hope all goes well.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Karen. I am quite nervous but hey ho. It will be ok. Just got to woman up! xxx
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Good luck KasM,

Kas123 yeah I'm starting to think, the clinic just rushed me through last time without much consideration to my needs. They didn't have my amh then only fsh and follicle scan. The low follie count on the scan was first indication that there was an issue as had looked good on paper until then. After the low follie count there wasn't a follow up consultation just told not to worry it usually just meant you would need more stimms by the nurse. We then got the bill for the drugs which was about 1600 but still hadn't had the protocol. I had to chase them for protocol and was eventually sent it through it was the long one. In fact it was all quite impersonal.
kas123
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 am 
Post subject:
I would have to have a look around and maybe try another clinic. when I was put on the short protocol I did loads of googling the doctors best friend Laughing which was better for low amh. could not resist it tested this morning as had a bad night with feeling very sick and heart burn. it was with a cheapie and was negative. need to get some better tests and wait. but at least hopefully it will stop me looking at any little symptom I have. getting my hopes up.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies. Thanks for good luck messages Kas & Gilly. I'm home now.

I am home now after my EC today. I had pethadine and anti-sickness injection + paracetemol (supposetry). Pethadine made me feel really spaced out.
Then in theatre I had local anaesthetic, and made FULL USE of the gas & air that was offered(which spaced me out even more).
They got 25 eggs. Got a dull ache going on but really surprised I don't feel much worse.
The decision on whether to do ET on schedule or go to ET is not made yet - will see how I feel later in the week.
I am under Doctors orders to stay off work up to and including Monday, but possibly up to and including Wednesday if ET goes ahead.
Been told to drink protein shakes and plenty of whole milk as well as eating high protein foods to really try and help prevent OHSS.
I've just eaten 20 McChicken Nuggets and tucking into a large chocolate shake and mint matchmaker McFlurry. Plenty of protein there!
Hope everyone else is ok. xxx
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Kazm 25 is great. I hope u are feeling ok and can go ahead to ET

Kas123 way too early Wink try hold off as long as u can before test again.

Yeah thinking about looking around, I did do some googling myself after the low follie count and was surprised at long protocol but trusted the clinic knew what they were doing. I think we were a bit naive first time and maybe didn't ask as many questions as we should have.
kas123
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
well done on egg numbers have they contacted you yet today.

I have got a rash this morning over my stomach strange. boobs are not as sore today so think it did not work.
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
Kas123 think posative i had no symptoms at all
was convinced not worked and im now 5mths Smile

I did read online you should get + on day 8 if worked
and we got a very faint BFP 8days after transfer
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all. Kas, it's too early to say it hasn't worked. When are you supposed to test? Just try and relax as much as possible and wait until your test day.
I did get the call this morning.
Of my 25 eggs, 23 were suitable for ICSI. Out of those 23, 22 have fertilised. Still got some really good numbers so we're on track for a Blastocyst transfer on Monday.
Will call them tomorrow morning and see what grades our embryos have got to but so far we're really pleased with how things have gone. xxx
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:37 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies. I have been avoiding this site like the plague since our D&C. It will be 6 weeks tomorrow and no sign of AF. I took a hpt just in case and got a BFN. Have any of you ladies miscarried and experienced a late period and how late was it? I am anxious. I have read that most women have one 4-6 weeks after a D&C and I have also heard women are more fertile after birth or a miscarriage. My dr doesn't want us to try IVF again and wants us to try IUI. DH isn't thrilled at the idea of trying again. He says he doesn't think his heart can handle more pain and disappointment. He is ready to pursue adoption. I feel like I need to get pregnant and carry a baby 40 weeks (or really close to it) more now than ever. I feel that if we are doing IUI I am doing something to try to make our dream to become parents a reality. I feel like the adoption journey would leave me sitting around twiddling me thumbs feeling helpless and hopeless while I have nothing to do but wait. I have no problem adopting or pursuing adoption while we do fertility treatments I just don't want to stake everything in it. I would feel extremely blessed to conceive and to adopt. Any insight on periods after Af would be appreciated. I am driving myself crazy.
gillym
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Kasm great numbers Smile

Ttc1 it took about 5.5 weeks for af to come back for me after natural miscarriage and they told me it would be anywhere between 2-6 weeks after. I don't think u are that far outside that. Give it another few days and try testing again. My hubby was exactly the same he said he didn't want the hurt again and he was also down on ivf as well. Last week he started looking at the options of adoption and doner again and he came to the same decision as me to try one more time with ivf before we go down the adoption route. So give your hubby some time and space and he may come around to your way of thinking. I know it's hard and u want to keep pushing to get going again but they do need time to get over the pain too and it doesn't seem as urgent to them. I think they also worry about us and don't want to watch us go through it all again. Hope he come round to your way of thinking soon. Xx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 am 
Post subject:
I called this morning and my embies are doing well.so really pleased.
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
Thats great Kazm

Kas123 meant to say earlier try not to read too much into symptoms, plenty if people on here have said they come and go and been convinced it hadn't worked and then got bfp. Try stay positive. Xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 263, 264, 265  Next
Page 225 of 265

Jump to:  

Community

Popular