Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies, how is everyone today??

I'm after a bit of advice from those who have just been through a cycle. I remember from before there was all sorts of recommendations of foods and drinks to have or avoid during stimms and ec, but cant remember any of it! What did you all do to increase your chances?

Kas- I'm sure you will get your 12 week scan, I had mine at 13 and a half weeks, I think it can be done up to 14 weeks. They should definitely do it as now its when they do the nuchal transulancy test (I think thats what its called!) Which is where they look at the amount of fluid on the baby's spine at the back of the neck to give an idea of the risk of downs. Try and get an earlier appointment with the GP, or ask the surgery if there is a number to call the midwives office directly. At my surgery, you dont even see a doctor, the receptionist just puts you forward for a call from the midwives and one of them come to see you at around 9 weeks and book in your scan from there.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun. Good luck for cycling. We were told he could have 9/10 units of alcohol a week & I could have 5/6 units. However, I didn't touch a drop and he only had a drink once.
They didn't sy this, bt I also cut my caffeine down.
High protein diet is recommended during stims to help egg quality. High fibre all the way through also helps avoid the dreaded constipation.
Apart from that, just as much nutrition as you can squeeze into your food.
I took pregnacare conception all the way through as well as I head that helps the chances. xxx
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thats great, thanks Kaz. From Feb, so 3 months before starting we're both going to cut out alcohol and junk and eat as healthy as possible. We want to make this go count as we've saved hard for it and it will be our last. I thought I remembered something about protein, thanks for that
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
YW. I really hope it works for you this time. xxx
Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
its taken so long due to numerous issue's with the nhs making a screw up from my local hospital to the one we are at now its just been one thing after another! we finally have all the drugs and hoping to starty on this cycle so hopefully we could be starting soon!
we haven't been told its unexplained Sad
its been a roller coaster but hopefully this year will be ours xxx

fc79 wrote:
Thanks teehopes.

How come it has taken so long for you to get to ivf? Have you been given a reason for the infertility?

We are very lucky that this time we are trying for our second baby, we have one little boy who is coming up to 3.

I know exactly how you feel tho as we waited 3 years for him and he was concieved from a frozen embryo transfer after 1 failed round of icsi.

We have since used our other 3 frozen embryos with bfn's each time and have decided to save for just one last go at icsi to try for a sibling for him.

I always thought that once I had one, the desire would be eased, but you feel just as much need to have another, and so much guilt that you cant give your child a sibling like all their friends have.

Over 4 years must be such a painful wait for you, I really hope this is the year for you, when are you hoping to start treatment?

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
kaz

massive massive congratulations on your bfp! how did the scan go? xxx
KazM wrote:
Got my fingers X'd for you gilly. xx

I'm doing good thanks. Got scan booked for 16th Jan now. Smile

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
Terri Im so pleased youre finally going to be starting , youve waited so long x

Fc Im excited for you too Very Happy

Hope everyone else is well. Afm Hannah will be 11 weeks on Friday and I still feel so amazed, blessed and head over heels in love each time I look at her. I was taking the pill but have stopped because it was causing me problems with constant heavy bleeding, so Im going to go back to tracking ovulation and just avoid sex at that time. As soon as Hannah is 1 I want to try again and I hope something natural will happen x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
teehopes wrote:
kaz

massive massive congratulations on your bfp! how did the scan go? xxx
KazM wrote:
Got my fingers X'd for you gilly. xx

I'm doing good thanks. Got scan booked for 16th Jan now. Smile

Thanks Terri. Scan was perfect thank you! Perfect place, perfect size(measured at 7 weeks on 7 + 1 so don't get much closer) and heartbeat 145bpm. Still doesn't seem real! Very Happy

Best of luck for starting your treatment and for a successful outcome! xxx
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
well I got a call back today we start injections in the 17th feb!
I know I may have asked this a few time but is rhe process about 4-6 week's? how long rough dp you do bureselin for? it seems so.odd thinking that in march we could finally have our dream???? I know its a long shot but we will give it our everything xxx
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh Terri start to finish its around 6 weeks, I was on buserelin for around 3-4 weeks I believe. I found the injections really easy and they didnt bother me in the slightest. One tip I would definately give is get into the habit now of drinking around 2 litres of water a day. I measured it out every day to make sure I drank it all. x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
claire I have already started) both of us are on a health kick too, we did go.out and have a drink fri night as we where away, but that has been it for weeks and weeks!! both of us have cut back on everything bad for us and both have had all vits needed!! Smile

it feels like its still so long away!!! I cant actually believe it's been nearly 5 year's ttc and still not there! and2014 is definitely out for a baby feels like the year's are just disappearing Sad

i hope your family are all ok, your baby girl is gorgeous xxx

are you back ttc again???

does the pain and sadness of the ttc so long ever go away? xxx
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
Aww Terri, this is finally you moving forward towards getting what you want. I'm sure you won't feel sad forever. Once you have your baby there will be no point feeling sad about TTC any more. xxx
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
I really hope so it just seems we have had so many set backs that its never going to happen, it feels odd that aftrr 5 years I can't really control it at all! nature still needs ro take its course but it feels odd!

I dont think it will feel real till we if ever are holding our baby!!

I am not getting hopes up as we have had so.many let downs!!

I am.so.glad your scan went welll hun I really am I bet your over the moon I wouldnt be able to stop smiling haha xxx
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
It will happen for you. I can't tell you when, but you WILL be a mum. xxx
Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Stalk on here occasionally. Congrats to the recent bfps. Just wanted to add Terri that yes the pain does go away. After all the years of crying every month I never thought it would. Holidays and nights out seemed so insignificant at the time compared to wanting our own baby. I can honestly look back now though and see that we had some really good times and things happen when they do for a reason. You will get there and I can't wait to hear about it xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 231, 232, 233 ... 259, 260, 261  Next
Page 232 of 261

Jump to:  

Community

Popular