Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, hope you're ok. Sorry not posted in a while things have been pretty busy. I'm so happy for you FC sounds like it's all going well!

Just got an email saying Ask Baby not closing on Friday, which was the first I'd heard of it! Would of had a shock if it had closed and I'd logged on on Saturday!

The clinic rang yesterday and although they've got the letter from the GP hurrah the consultant is running it past the board at the next meeting. So it all should be fine to go ahead but he is delaying it a bit which is actually really good as I'm now working solid up to August and won't be able to get any time off for appointments or scans or anything until then, so hopefully their delays will stop it being my delays if that makes sense! Just hope the drugs will still be fresh... I'm away from home at the moment so can't check the best before date but hopefully no one's had a clearout of the fridge nd forgotten to put them back in! I've started writing a blog about it all in the hope that I'll remember everything and if it does work it will be a lovely memory for me to share with child (or just remember for myself). Don't know if I'm allowed to put it on here but anyway if anyone fancies taking a look it's pregnant in my forties dot com (positive thinking, ha!) and please let me know if I need to take that address out of this post.
x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:44 am 
Post subject:
Morning!

Hi wicky, glad things are getting moving for you. So hopefully august/September to start?
It'll be lovely for you to have a blog to look back on, I often wish I'd written things down, especially recently as I'd completely forgotten how I felt last time and it would have been helpful to compare.

Hi gilly, glad you're still getting symptoms, hope you get your scan date soon.

I'm still going! Taking each day as it comes. Feeling super tired all the time and have a huge appetite! Need to eat something pretty much constantly to avoid feeling sick/faint. Also really moody and snappy a lot of the time! I'm still getting little pains and cramps so I'm hoping they're all good signs that it's a strong little one. Time is starting to go quite quickly really, I think it's cos I'm busy looking after my 3 year old and caught up in our little routine. It is extra tiring the second time but I definitely won't be complaining about that!
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:59 am 
Post subject:
So, after posting on here this morning I had the fright of my life when I wiped after a wee and saw some red blood. It was just one streak in the cm (sorry for tmi).

I panicked and was terrified, I phoned my clinic and spoke to a nurse who said to try not to worry as it could just be irritation from the pessaries.

I've been to the toilet 3 times since and there has been no more, so really hoping it was a one off.

Has anyone had this please?
gillym
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
Fc I'm pretty sure it's normal, if it's only one bit I wouldn't worry too much. I had a tiny little spot the other day with cm it was only once and didn't happen again rest of day even tho I went to the loo a million times to check. I've had nothing since. I think the pesseries have a lot to answer for!
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thats reassuring to know Gilly, thank you. I have been going up and down to the toilet all day checking and so far so good, no more. Just wish my scan wasn't still 3 weeks away!!
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
It's very easy to knock cervix when doing pessaries and as it'll be extra soft you can make it bleed. Very worrying, but harmless. xx
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for the reassurance kaz. I'm going to try and carry on as if it never happened now and go back to looking forward to my scan.
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:19 am 
Post subject:
Gosh fc my heart literally leapt when I read your post... glad to read there hasn't been anything else. I'm not sure I would actually dare move anything if it did happen for me... just roll myself into a huge ball of cotton wool and stay there 9 months lol.

If the dates work, I might try to start down-reg'ing again in July to then start stimming in August... it's so hard as because of my work I will have to not be working when going for regular scans etc, as just never know where I will be. I can only afford not to work for so long, so I'm trying to fit it all in... nightmare! I'm also conscious of the meds best before dates running out.

If (when) I do get preggers I won't continue with this job, (I'm sort of expecting OH to suddenly be able to support me) but until I do there's no point jacking it in as it pays well... and IVF is rather expensive, ha!

Hope everyone else is ok - gorgeous sunny morning here. Just about to do another Insanity workout so will probably be in A&E later... very very slow progress on weight loss, I just can't stop eating! I'm good all day then I weaken and slip up. They'll have to do a miracle of science documentary on me - overweight, overage, hopefully not over-optimistic.
x
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
FC how are you? Hope all is well and no more red.

WickyTavs, not long till July only a month so it will fly in. I think my drugs had quite a long date on them, I still have Gonal F from my first cycle and I don't think it has gone out of date yet. The pessaries that I had last year I was able to use with this cycle, about a year later. Know what you mean - it isn't cheap!
gillym
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
oh meant to say just been to see midwife to get my bloods done, she said the scan appointment should come through next week for the week after, so during week 12. At least not too far as I had images of them pushing it out to 14 weeks as was so late.
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, thank you so much for the well wishes!

Thank God there hasn't been anything since. It was obviously just from the pessary but it did scare me. I was lucky last time I was pregnant as I didn't see any blood the whole way through. I had had an unmedicated frozen cycle tho so I suppose I have to remember all my body has gone through the past few weeks just to get to this point.

Wicky, it is so hard fitting appointments around work, sounds like you have a particularly full on job too. I'm sure it'll all work out. Not too long to wait now. You sound like you have a really good happy go lucky attitude to it all, I think that'll really stand to you through the cycle.

Gilly, glad to hear you shouldn't have to wait too much longer for your scan. I remember being over 13 weeks when I had mine. It's well worth the wait tho, so amazing to see how much it's changed since the first one. Hope you get the date soon so you can start counting down.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
Wickytavs, insanity is a major workout! It can slow what shows on the scales as you could be gaining muscle and they'll be filed with fluid - but you'll still be healthier for doing it. xx
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies Very Happy Sooooo glad this is still open I was really not looking forward to starting afresh else where. Have had a lovely week away, Hannah was an absolute angel all week. Back to reality now and I need to focus on getting healthy for ttc again.

Fc I had lots of brown discharge and bleeding for 5 weeks with Hannah and it all worked out fine. It's an absolutely awful feeling though when you see it, it made me feel physically sick. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Claire, welcome back! Glad you had a lovely holiday.

I remember all the trouble and worry you had with the bleeding. Thankfully I've been fine since but you're right I thought I was going to be sick when I saw it.

Hope everyone else is well today?
gillym
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:31 am 
Post subject:
Hi nutty glad u had a good holiday.

Fc how r u?

Finally got my scan date and guess what it's while I'm away on my birthday, will have to try move it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255 ... 261, 262, 263  Next
Page 254 of 263

Jump to:  

Community

Popular