Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

gillym
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah was nice to get another peak Smile it's a little wriggler! yeah I agree think it's just all the extra stuff we go thro. Not long till your next scan Wink
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:36 am 
Post subject:
So glad all went well ladies
I rember how scare i was with Harriet

We're thinking using our frostie soon can someone tell me what to expect
Ect
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi jakesmommy!

How exciting that you're thinking of doing a fet soon!

There are 2 ways to go, either natural or medicated. I have only done natural which is how I got my son, Claire did medicated so I'm sure she'll be on soon and will advise you on how that works.

Natural fet was so easy, I just had to call the clinic on the first day of my cycle to let the clinic know I was starting, then I just used ovulation sticks at home from day 10 till I got my surge. Once I got my surge I had to phone the clinic and go in for a scan to check I ovulated and the embryo transfer was scheduled for 3 days later (as mine were frozen on day 3). That was it, then just the normal 2ww but I even found that easier as there was no progesterone or anything messing with you!

When do you think you'll be going for it?
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:35 am 
Post subject:
Glad your scans went well Gilly and Fc Very Happy

Anna won't you have to wait a year before doing a cycle because of having a section? I got told I should wait a year to try again. Though we will start in a couple of months. Medicated frozen cycles are pretty easy compared to a round of ivf, I down regulated with injections then once I got my period I started on progynova to build womb lining (whilst carrying on the injections) and aspirin to keep the blood thin. Then when my lining was thick enough I stopped the injections and if I remember rightly I started the cyclogest pessaries and then it was transfer Smile I then stayed on both the progynova, aspirin and cyclogest until I was 14 weeks. x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies Clare they not said anything Shocked I spoke to GP to make sure it would be ok ect as would be 6th section and he said all ok but need to have at least 3 Periods that way body back norm ect

We're thinking of using when Harriet is 6 Mths if it survives the thaw ect wished there was a way of telling this before you take all drugs ect

How are you and the gorgeous Hannah
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am 
Post subject:
Crikey Anna I'm surprised they didnt say that especially after a section Shocked My midwife and doctor both advised waiting for a year just to give the scars time to heal before going through another pregnancy.

Im good just tired lol, Hannah isnt sleeping great at night at the moment think its some kind of regression. Not to mention she will not stay still and fidgets her way into real awkward positions in the cot then she wakes herself up. She started crawling the end of last week and she is really keeping me on my toes, constantly wanting to touch everything that isnt a toy :/
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
I called the clinic yesterday and spoke to the Dr /cons there they advise from the delivery date of c section until delivery of anouther baby has to be 12mths so you can try as soon as 3mths after c section Shocked

They said if we decided to use embryo we need a referral back to them I was not expecting tht just thought would be case
Of us saying we're ready Confused

Clare watched the video of Hannah how cute is she
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, I had my 12 week scan today and all was perfect! The baby was very cheeky tho and kept turning its back when she was trying to measure the back of the neck and the length! I had to keep wriggling around to try and get it to move. It also kept jumping up and kicking it's legs out, looked like it was having a great time in there!!

Jakesmommy, I'm surprised you have to be referred to the clinic again, at our clinic we just phone up and make an appointment now since we were referred originally.

How's everyone else? Gilly, how are you getting on?
gillym
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi fc that's great I've been thinking about u today Very Happy

Yeah all ok here. We've just arrived on Glasgow for the commonwealths Very Happy
gillym
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi fc that's great I've been thinking about u today Very Happy

Yeah all ok here. We've just arrived on Glasgow for the commonwealths Very Happy
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
Glad scan went well fc79 Very Happy I'm also surprised at that think I will call again on Monday and check that is right
I honestly thought it would just be a case of us calling them and saying we would like to use Confused
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:32 am 
Post subject:
Definately check again Anna, we just had to ring the clinic whenever we were ready to go again. I can't really see why you'd need referring again Question You will need your screening tests re done though as I think they're onyl valid for 1 year and your gp can do those. x

Glad the scan went well Fc Very Happy x
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Quiet around here, hope everyone is well.

Fc how's u? Has the sickness passed yet?
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Gilly, I'm fine thanks how are you? How many weeks are you now?

My sickness is all gone now thankfully and my apetite is back big time! I'm 15 weeks now with quite a sizeable bump already and starting to relax and enjoy it!
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hey everyone. Just popping on to say hi and hope you're all doing well. xxx
Page 259 of 268

Jump to:  

Community

Popular