Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:51 pm 
Post subject: Can i join you??
Hello - can i join you lovely ladies please? starting IVF in December - was supposed to start in July / August just after we got married but i found out i was pregnant when we got back from honeymoon but unfortunately had another early m/c and have struggled the past few months to build up the strength to be emotionally prepared for IVF - i am terrified!! we have to pay for our treatment as my husband has grown up children from his first marriage. The clinic we are using is doing a buy 2 get one free lol!! so we have paid 7500 for 3 cycles. I am so petrified as i feel like this is really last chance saloon for us, i am only (!) 32 but OH is 53 and he is starting to think he is getting too old now and when he is 55 that has to be our cut off point. I have been signed off work with stress and anxiety since September and i am handing my notice in before xmas so i can have a real stress free shot at IVF - eeek!!! I am so scared Crying or Very sad
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
hi shelly welcome ....am sorry for your loss after the joy of your wedding too.

i am prone to anxiety had some bad periods with it.i resigned from my job in aug to get rid of the stress before we srarted ivf..defo best thing.

it may seem hard now hun but before u know it u will be well on your cycle which made me feel more positive.

this thread is lovely everyone is very supportive xx
shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
thank you that's really lovely. I am glad you feel giving up your job was the best thing to do i have contemplated it for months now not sure what to do but since i was signed off sick in September i have loved being at home and the calmness it brings, i have worked for years and have always had my own money even though OH is older than me and looks after me because he earns a lot i like having my own money and have been worried about feeling totally dependent on him i know am lucky to have the choice to give up work but i hope it will not make me feel worse - yes i worry about everything!! Confused
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck shell.xxxx
Positive38
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
i am im exactly the same place as u.i have worked for 22 yrs and always has my own money.my job was stressful and was making me ill.since aug i have had money to cover my haircut and phone bill but none of my own money.i hated that but now i m fine.i too love being at home i cook a lot and my boyfriend never goes hungry..my bf pays he bills.i will find part time work in new year but dont wanna work full time.life is so much calmer and im happier with no anxiety.xx
shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Positive38 wrote:
i am im exactly the same place as u.i have worked for 22 yrs and always has my own money.my job was stressful and was making me ill.since aug i have had money to cover my haircut and phone bill but none of my own money.i hated that but now i m fine.i too love being at home i cook a lot and my boyfriend never goes hungry..my bf pays he bills.i will find part time work in new year but dont wanna work full time.life is so much calmer and im happier with no anxiety.xx

That's so great to hear, i too think i'll look for a part time job in the new year but only if it is something i can cope with and the hours are very part time. I have also done loads of cooking and now i'm planning some baking ready for xmas!!! i love going to bed a bit later as well without having to worry about getting up really early for work!! My husband loves the change in me too so i think it the good outweighs the bad feelings about being a housewife!!
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
defo...ive been making bread pudding and giving it to neighbours they love it.

fingers xd we will have babies to keep us busy this time nxt year xx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All, welcome Shelly Smile

Just logged on to see how you were getting on Claire and so so sorry for you hun Sad I really hope that ur blood test shows you a different result. Its good that you get the results so quickly from the clinic, mine was the same, within 2 hours I think. If it's not good news then def break out the vodka and relax, will still have my fingers crossed for you tho x x

Nicky - well done on your fab crop and yay to your eggies and spermies getting jiggy Wink Thats a great number so you'll have lots to put on ice just in case they are needed. Don't worry about ur ET its very very easy compared to everything else! I actually felt ok after EC and am sure the bloating and pain I had was because of the cyclogest which I used up the front. I have heard if you use them in the back they don't cause the bloating so maybe thats why you don't feel in any pain??

Hopeful - not long for you hun Smile

Who was it who asked about when you start your drugs after your period starts? depends on if your doing short protocol or not. I was sp and started on day 2 of my cycle. I don't know what day you start if your on long protocol.

Lou - how's it going hun?

afm - still not got ewcm but have had serious left ovary pains so hoping it won't be long. My DR cancelled our follow-up appointment which was supposed to be today so I haven't been able to ask questions about our failed cycle yet. But it has made me think I don't know if I want to use her again. I had this feeling about my OBGYN in one of my last appointmnts with him before the birth of my son and looking back so regret not going with a different OBGYN so think something is trying to tell me to change IVF Dr!!!
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Shelley! I start ivf in December too, I'm looking forward to it but the nerves are setting in now! I just got a letter through today and I'm doing the long protocol...does anyone know what decides this out of interest? It starts 5 days after my first day of my period, I know that's gonna happen Xmas week so have to arrange to go onto one of the wards as the department I need is closed!
Hope everyone is ok tonight, it's Friday tomorrow, the weekend is in sight!! X
Xx
Positive38
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies clinic just rang omg our 16 from yesterday all survived overnight and 15 of them are grade 1/2 and 1 is grade 2/3.

Is this really good news does it mean my eggs are good quality.

If all same tmrw they will go to blastocyst on monday

Does having a good egg Mean the embryo will be stronger does this mean i have good chance?

As im asking that question i know its out of my hands.i have never been pregnant so who knows if it will implant

I feel like it is all going too well im not unwell or in pain like they anticipated.....all too good to be true which then puts doubt in m mind...god damn ego why cant i just be excited.

Alowicious hi nice to hear from u. I defo have some form of bloating but not as i was thinking.only took 2 painkillers lnite.
Im dreading the ET because when i had the pipelle procedure the clamp and procedure killed me coz i havent had kids my cervix is tight. I would hate to be in pain and stressed while embryo goes in.

Clare what time is your blood test today.....have everything crossed for j..xxx

Hope everyone else is ok today xxx
hopefullstar
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:37 am 
Post subject:
Positive don't work you self up love et doesn't hurt abit I've never had kids and I couldn't feel a thing the only uncomfortable thing is the full bladder apart from that its a breeze Very Happy and congratulations on the eggs Very Happy x
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
Whoooo Nicky sounds good, does sound like you got good ones there Smile

Well had my blood test done and its now confirmed negative. Will have a break over christmas and then go again in January, have to hope for 3rd time lucky I suppose.

Faye I did long protocol I think you do that if you havent got any major problems like decreased fertility. Only difference between the 2 is you down regulate first to shut your body down before stimmulating it with long protocol where as with short you dont shut it down you start stimming straight away instead. x
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
hi clare im so sorry i really am.can imagine u feel [*@!#%*] today. take xmas off drink vodka and look fwd to january.have u done a cycle of ivf and one fet so far? dont give up clare....btw is a fet cycle expensive?

afm i have upset tum today.i use pessary up back end i usually eat bfast go loo then insert.did all that today and 35 min later had to go poo sorry tmi.will it already be in system. although not in pain today i do feel sicky and tired defo going nowhere today.

did u buy vodka for tnite.how is oh feeling? still gutted for u xxxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Yes 1 Ivf cycle and one frozen embryo transfer cycle under our belts now to add to the long list of disappointments. Frozen embryo transfer is £1275 without drugs, we will definately be buying the drugs else where next time as we've been making the mistake of getting them at the clinic. Couldnt believe it when I got my last prescription at asda (1 box of cyclogest and 1 box of progynova) it was only £17, where as the clinic charges £24 for cyclogest and another £20 odd for progynova. Luckily theyre arent that many drugs involved in a fet.

Havent bought my vodka yet, will do that tomorrow then sunday will be spent lazing about, watching films and eating junk! Going to go to zumba tonight before I start my period because that always makes me smile. x
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
Positive38 thats great news about your eggs!! Very Happy

Claire so sorry, vodka sounds good, let your hair down a bit Smile
Did you have an side effects when you down regulated? Ive planned to take a week off from EC, they reckon 11th feb all going well....but since when does anything ever go to plan!

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 265, 266, 267  Next
Page 45 of 267

Jump to:  

Community

Popular