Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
The down regulating was really easy Faye, I hardly had any symptoms at all. Occasionally got a few headaches and a few hot sweats but that wasnt every day. During our frozen cycle it didnt give me any side effects what so ever. One piece of advice I wil give is ask the clinic for a private prescription for your drugs so you can get them else where. Their charges are ridiculous!!! x
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
yeh i got mine at asda defo saves money.
tashamo3
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies I hope everyone is ok?

Claire once again im sorry it didnt work im really hoping its a case of 3rd time lucky for you! x

Nicky thats a great result Smile

Im just back from the clinic I had a scan and ive not responded that well so they have upped the Gonal F to 300 I only have 15 follies and they are still quite small I feel incredibly disappionted I was hoping for a much larger number I wanted to be able to give my recipient the best possible chance and 15 just sounds [*@!#%*] Sad I have to go back again for another scan on monday so hopefully they will have started getting bigger by then.

Love Tash
x
LoubyLou1978
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 am 
Post subject:
Just caught up with all the messages- been a manic week so just had no time.

Claire - I'm so sorry it was confirmed negative, gutted for you. I hope you can get very drunk and then have a good Christmas and go again in January. You still have enough frozen and I'm certain it will work 3rd time lucky. Did you listen to a DVD or cd or anything? I can send you my copy of the IVF Companion if you like, it really helped me have a bit of time to relax for at least a small part of the day and stay away from google! Are you doing medicated FET again or will you try natural? Anyway, you prob don't need to decide yet, just have some time out and remain positive it WILL work. Xx

Great news Nicky! Keeping everything crossed. I know you're worried about ET and as I think I said before I did find the first one very uncomfortable. Everyone told me it was fine, but i always have a nightmare with smears- they have to get the smallest plastic one and its even snapped inside me before! My cervix is small and very high up so the first ET was very uncomfortable as was expecting it not to hurt. Te second time I went in expecting it to hurt but I had relaxed myself more and then it was miles better! Just try not to keep tense and relax and it will be fine! Xx

Tash - you have plenty time for them to grow hun, it's very surprising how different it looks when you go back again. Keep positive. Hopefully your little follies are getting bigger and bigger Smile X

Alowicious - hope you're feeling more ovary twinges Very Happy you decided to go back sooner rather than later then as I know you had the dilemma of when to go again? X

Good luck to all the ladies starting treatment in December Smile

Hopeful hope you're okay.

FC any news?

I'm getting up to pee a lot in the night and keep waking up very early so not sleeping too well at the mo- hope it settles down soon.

xXx
Positive38
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:01 am 
Post subject:
morning all

clare how are u today did i go zumba lnite.hope u manage to have a lovely weekend with family.does your son understand what u are going through? enjoy xmas get drunk and know that u have enough frozen to make this happen.and as lou said it will she is our success story.

lou nice to hear from u hope u are resting up after what sounds like a very busy week? are u feeling pregnant now.must be a ice feeling.

tash as lou said ifs amazing.how quick they grow even after a few days and they know what there doing.

afm clinic just rang and all 16 are still thriving with 6/8 cells and grade 1/2 so going for ET on monday at 1,15.....fingers ceossed they all progress well till then...i know its no guarantee but at leasr its good start.
defo more bloated yest spent most of the day weeing or trying to empty my bowels.
have been eating so much fibre and fruit.
yest i went half an hour after putting my pessary up bottom..nurse said it may not have worked and its so important.
do they check lining on monday.pretty sure be ok...

in 12 days its all over and we find out if successful.had such down day yest but bf home today so pma!!

how is everyone else...fc/alowicious /susan whats next steps? xxx
fayelouise1984
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
I have another question lol I got another letter today which is what my consultant has sent to our doctor, basically saying the plan has been put in place etc but also mentioned my risk of ovarian hyper...syndrome. My antimullerian hormone is at 37pmol/L which is high, and then obviously my scan showing a large number of antral follicles, what a mouthful lol sooooo, will this mean I might have pain when they stimulate the follicles?
Hope everyone is well, less than 5 weeks till Xmas!!!!
X
Positive38
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
hi faye i had egg collection wed.my AMH was 26/8 round about that as have pcos.i had 20 full size follicles and lots of small ones.they took 19 eggs in end and said id be at risk but.....i havent.dont get me wrong im bloated and yest i was sore and constipated.i basically drank 2.5 litres from day i started injections and still doing so now.id make sure u up the fibre in your diet as i am now but shd have done so a few days before egg collection.i feel good today tummy is big but no ohss.i too stressed but dont coz u cant control what might or might not happen.
when do u start? xx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, quick update from me. I surged this morning!! Typical to be on a Saturday tho, have to wait til Monday for my scan. I hope it wont be too late by then for them to have missed what they need to see. If all well. by my calculations I should have ET Wednesday!

Nicky, your embryos sound amazing! Dont worry about ET this will be my 3rd one! Its s;ight;y uncomfortable but no big deal. At my clinic they ultrasound scan you at the same time so they can see where the embryos are being placed and that distracts you cos its quite interesting. Like Lou says, just relax and enjoy!

Claire, so sorry it was a BFN. Hope you can enjoy your weekend.

Lou, hope all is going well, get as much rest as you can!

Hi to everyone else!!
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,
fc - ooh exciting! not long for you then!! Good luck hun

Nicky - wow your embies are doing so well! Good luck for Monday hun Smile

afm - well today I was playing with my little boy and they was a pop in my abdomen and a really sharp pain. The last time I had that it was a cyst that ruptured and so I am guessing thats whats happened again and my cycle will be delayed Sad Oh well, probably just as well because I have drank copious amounts of coffee today and supposed to be giving that up!!! Got a guest here at the moment so will give up again when he goes.

Claire sweetie, hope ur ok?

Lou - not long till your first scan Smile

x
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
hi fc wow its all moving so quick how exciting right before xmas...did u do natural fet ltime?
keep us updated fingers xd for scan monday

alowicious u poor thing sounds horrible.do u think u will start again in new year?

afm i feel so well today after weds EC so shd be in good shape for ET monday.thanks for all your support and putting my mind at rest.

how much shd i be doing during 9 day wait? not 2ww they said test 5 dec....im gonna end up tip toeing around. i mean can u lift a full kettle or a heavy saucepan? gonna be a paranoid lady.

watching xmas films and trying to get head aound it.decided that if it doesnt work ill just hqve a few dri ks and enjoy and start again.if it does work ill prob cry lots.fingers crossed.

snug by fire after a nice lunch out x
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Alowicious- its always typical that cycles mess up just when you need them to be normal! Do you like red bush tea? Its full of anti oxidants and I find it helps regulate my cycles.

Hi Nicky- Yes I did a natural fet last time too. As for what you should be doing after et, I try and carry on as normal but obviously not do anything silly. The first time when I had icsi I took a week off work and really rested and found that just gave me more time to stress and think about it and I got a BFN. Second time I had 1 day off work then carried on (was a nanny and had 3 children to run around after!) I found I almost forgot I was even on a 2ww most of the time and got a BFP! This time I have no time off my childminding and I have my 18 month old to look after so no resting for me! I think you just need to act as if you are pregnant and dont do anything you would regret or blame if you got BFN. Just try and relax and enjoy at least 2 weeks of being pregnant (hopefully a ot more!)
tinystar78
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies my af turned up 3 days ago. And we have our councelling
Session in tues and to find out our drug plan ect.
I'm so hoping we can start in the middle if dec rather than after Xmas.xxxx

Good luck to everyone else hope you are all ok.xxxxx
Positive38
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
thanks fc....went out today and totally forgot about ivf!!! accupuncture in morninf and transfer at 1pm. ive read and clinic said if we have sex 12 hrs before and after it can help implantation. anyone done this? mind u sex at 1am when bf has work isnt ideal...

i have planned to meet friends from wed onwards next week.and have my xmas cards to write too.

hope everyone else is ok xx
hopefullstar
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hey positive nice to hear your progressing well I have also heard about sex before as it helps blood flow to the cervix but I've heard mixed thoughts about afterwards as someone people say it can cause more bad than good so I'd ask and do proper research about sex after I personally are doing it before but not after fingers crossed you get your BFP when you test will probably be around the time I have my ET x
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
hi nice to hear from u.yes we test dec 5th so only have 9 days after they go in jeez it goes so quick!!! best buy some tests.
yes ive heard mixed reviews too.may give it vo late tnite ha ha.
are u excited that u are nearly starting?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 238, 239, 240  Next
Page 46 of 240

Jump to:  

Community

Popular