Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Lou - many congrats on your scan, even tho they are just little blobs it is so amazing to see and just you wait till you get to your 12 week scan - wow is all I can say!! I think I spent all my scans in floods of tears as its just such an amazing experience and one I hope everyone on this thread gets to experience x x
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Lou!

Thank you Allowicious, he is 18 months. We wanted to try when he was still very young, so if we cant have more we can appreciatr every moment of him growing up. It goes so quickly as Im sure you know!
Positive38
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:23 am 
Post subject:
fc i am so so sorry i was checking in yest and was.still hoping for a bfp for u..try amd enjoy xmas and them two frosties will be fighting fit for u in new year....u did this once so it can happen again.
hold your little boy tight.drink some mulled wine and know that we are all behind u.
here if i want to pm.xxxxxx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject:
Aww only 18 months such a lovely age Smile I also wanted to have kids really close together but then things never really work out the way you plan them lol!!! Wishing we hadn't waited so long to go and get DH's swimmers tested because we would have started IVF much earlier. You and me on the mulled wine this Christmas then and come 2nd January the start of the 'get healthier for IVF' plan! Take some time to cry and you will feel much better in a few days and your positivity will come flooding back. Sending you hugs x x

Last edited by Alowicious on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Nicky hun stop testing, I know you want to see the line get darker but you will only make yourself worry. Do you do yoga? There are 2 DVDs I really recommend that I did from the start as not energetic at all, just calming and there is a positive thoughts section at the end of one of them. Buddha Bellies came highly recommended but I bought Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee. even if you just listen to the positive thoughts part for now and do the yoga later it will help.

You can say to yourself that you just need to make it through to your first scan but once you reach that you will be saying the same about your next scan and the next! The worry will never stop, the best thing to do is keep yourself busy so your mind can't wander back to worrying. Get some puzzles, buy a boxset of a programme you would really like to see or start a blog/pregnancy diary. Seriously Smile Don't worry about cramps and twinges and stitches as they are all normal, your womb is stretching and your ovaries are making hormones. I felt like my period was on the way for a good few weeks!

There's nothing but worry when TTC, then there's worry all through your pregnancy and apprehension about the birth and then once you're a mum there's nothing but worry for the rest of your child's life lol!!! Laughing Laughing
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 am 
Post subject:
OMG whats with all the underlined words in my post!!! are they adverts or something?
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Thank you both so much. Your posts are comforting. Dont know how I'd cope without this site!
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Its a fab site, it helped me all the way through my DH's vasectomy reversal, through TTC, when I was pregnant and now with the IVF!!! I met a great group of ladies on here in Sept mummies 2010 and we have a private FB group and a whatsapp group and they have just been brilliant support with any issues I've had with my little boy and general issues with life Laughing and of course you guys with all your support with the IVF Very Happy . I owe a lot to this forum!

I don't get time to check in every day and it never sends me messages to say someone has added a comment so sometimes I may miss things. But when ur feeling low just come on here and have a whinge, we're all here for you.

I have to say after our failed attempt I am kind of liking the whole not having any pressure on me and being able to have a drink this xmas. xmas 2009 I was pg, xmas 2010 I had a 3 month old who was waking in the night and no way was I drinking then, in 2011 I didn't want to look after my son with a hangover but this year I am going to make the most of him being an excellent sleeper and have some alcohol - yay!! It feels good to know that I can't do anything until I have af anyway which won't happen until mid jan ish, and so its time to relax for a while.

By the way everyone my names Alice x x
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 am 
Post subject:
So sorry Fc , I know how you must be feeling right now it doesnt help when you get to your last embryos either because its added pressure. I honestly thought that fertility treatment would be the answer to our problems but its still just as cruel. Enjoy christmas like you say then come new year youll be ready to start again. We may be on same cycle , Im going to ask for natural cycle this time I dont want to be doing all the drugs. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Claire, Im really pleased you have decided on a natural cycle this time. I wanted to suggest it, but didnt like to interfere! Although it didnt work for me this time, I really believe it is the way to go as you reacted to the drugs in a similar way to me first time resulting in bfn and I always believe I wasted a healthy embryo there by being ill and bloated up from drugs my body didnt need. My af will be due about this time next month, so probably et toward the end of Jan!

We were talking this morning and are both committed to giving a really good try naturally if next time doesnt work and as we are (relitively) young- 33 and 32 we ahve said we'll both get really healthy, take all the vitamins again and just keep trying. There is nothing wrong with me, and we were really lucky to find out only a year after starting ttc, that my dh has a very low count-nhs tests showed less than 0.5 million. Our vitamins and healthy eating plan got him up to 2 million per ml, but by then we had already been accepted for nhs ivf/icsi, so we only really ttc properly for just over a year. So we might be lucky one day as I know some people try for years.

Thanks Alice, I'm sure we will all enjoy a good christmas, my DH is going out to buy me some mulled wine for tonight!
susanjosh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls .
I got my letter in to book for a smear test .

So I know roughly when will suit for booking is there certain dates that I need to avoid , i think you need to make sure af isn't here, what about in the 2ww?

Thanks
Susan
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
You should have said Fc I wouldnt have minded. To be honest Im sick of all the drugs when I dont actually need to be doing them after all its only my tube thats a problem I have regular cycles, my womb lining has never been a problem etc... I want to keep it as natural as possible this time round Im not even going to have the endometrial scratching.

Susan I dont think it matters about being in the 2ww and having a smear although I do try to avoid it. Funnily enough Ive had a letter through to book my smear too, going to ring during the week and see if they have any cancellations. x
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies am back home...

FC was thinking of u today how is the mulled wine? I think your plan to try naturally too is really positive as u said u didnt try for that long u can get healthier after xmas and u also have the frozen embies.....first time or secondary infertility its all so unfair. I know alice and clare and u already have one child and i hear people say but u already have a child. NO you all have hopes and dreams for a bigger family and this journey is hard whatever stage u are at...i just pray that 2013 brings u all a miracle

Faye hope u enjoyed york and the last blow out

Tash how are u feeling as u were in pain?

Alice thanks for your post...i am going to look up dvd can i be really open with u all .i do not by any means want to sound ungrateful for getting bfp but....i know some of u are mums already and i just really value your support....if i offend anyone let me know.not my intention.

since bfp wed it really hasnt yet sunk in. After 2.5 years of operations and meds i cant quite believe god has heard my prayers...

since losing my dad to cancer i have a real issue with loss. When boyfriend goes out drinking i cant relax till his home. I gues now i am pregnant i am petrified of losing what ive waited so long for.
I tested wed,thur and fri and tonight oops and yes still positive.... I just dont feel preganat one bit.cramping has stopped.not tired.not sore boobs so u can imagine.....i guess i had no symptoms in 2ww so what would change now?

I know this is out of my hands now just wander when i will start feeling preganat and enjoying it this wasnt how i imagined i would feel....pretty crazy eh.....I really hope i havent offended anyone as i am here for all of u waiting for our bfp...

Anyway our weekend was lovely the south downs is gorgeous...hotel was really nice big open fire.boy did i miss wine!,, found dinner hard having to remember what i cant eat.....i know this will all be second nature in a week or two.

Watched elf and now perched on couch for x factor....xxx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 am 
Post subject:
Morning Nicky, glad you enjoyed your weekend away.

Its perfectly natural to be worried after waiting so long for something. As I have said before, I worried all through my pregnancy that something was going to go wrong and had irrational fears with things like crossing roads or feeling threatened by strangers, I was just so scared that now I finally got this dream come true, something terrible was going to happen to me and I would never get to meet the baby. It hasnt been that long that I have felt more relaxed, but even now, if I leave him at home and go shopping or somewhere, I cant help thinking, what if theres a bomb or something and I get killed and never see him again. Does that make me sound completely crazy?!!

I think when we get so used to so many disappointments we just expect things to go wrong and we are protecting ourselves from being let down again. I dont know about you, but I always think, how can I feel this happy, its too perfect, something is bound to happen.

Anyway, all I can say is that it does fade with time and when you have your first scan and see a heart beat (or 2!) you will feel slightly more relaxed, then the same with your next scans and when you can feel the baby move. You will probably start to feel very sick in a couple of weeks, then you will definitely feel pregnant!
Positive38
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 am 
Post subject:
morning FC bless u for replying thank u for posting as know its tough for u right now means a lot..so im ot the only crazy lady ha ha....so FC fact i am still getting positives and havent bled im still pregnant.is it commom to not feeluch ar 4-5 weeks? u are right im gonna get sick soon and wish id enjoyed now......

i was same im car yest felt nervous now im pregnant madness...

how are u feeling today FC....are u wanting to plan for xmas yet.are u at home this year.
sounds like u have a very lovely OH hun so u have good support there.

xxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 266, 267, 268  Next
Page 64 of 268

Jump to:  

Community

Popular