Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome positive Smile Because of hfea guidelines and cutting multiple birth rates and also my age (32) is why they wouldnt put 2 back. We are going to ask for 2 to be put back this time though. Have a feeling theyll say no but hey ho wont know unless we ask. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all, sorry I havent been on here for a few days, got a teething baby and not getting much sleep! Not complaining!!

Welcome Positive! I'm sure you didnt mean to type that you are 88?!!! That would be ambitious! Is it IVF you will be doing?

Nutty- 8th October will be here in no time, must be good to have it booked.

I went to the gp on Monday to ask about the blood tests, he said he would find out if he was allowed to do them and if he could he would. He said he would phone back yesterday, which he did, but I missed the call, he didnt leave a message and hasnt phoned back since. I'm thinking that by the time we would get the tests done and get the results back we will be too late for next cycle. I'm not disappointed as like you said Nutty, I could do with getting healthy first, so I might use this next month to get back into the hang of the ovulation sticks and concentrate on getting my 5 a day, take my pregnacare and hopefully get some good nights sleeps, then we can start on the cycle after.

So looks like there will be a few of us going around the same time. If things go to plan we will be looking at transfer around the first week of November. Fingers crossed we will all be pregnant by Christmas!!!
Positive38
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies lol 88 christ not that old 38 ....claire i hope they can transfer 2 for u like u say j can only ask.yes it looks like we are all around same time bit like u we need to get our gp to do blood tests we have 4 and bit weeks to day 21 as he maybe doing long cycle...just brought some water felt odd in supermarket not buying wine! did u ladies cut out that totally? we will find out mid dec if its worked so could be a really great xmas or really [*@!#%*].feel pretty nervous about outcome coz of my age.xx
LoubyLou1978
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies Smile

Nutty- good luck for the 8th of October and hopefully you will be able to do the FET with your Nov's cycle depending on if you choose to have a medicated or natural transfer. Fingers crossed you could get a natural miracle before then so good luck with that too. Wow, 11 frozen, I saw that on another post. I thought I was lucky with 6 frozen Cool ! X

Welcome positive, everyone on here will be a great support and good luck for your appointment. Don't worry about your age (except if you were 88 lol!) Still plenty time left at 38. Everyone keeps saying 40 is the new 30 anyway! X

Hope all is good with you FC and fingers crossed for November for you! X

Great to hear from you Ally- how are you doing in your pregnancy so far? X

Well, my news is I am booked in for my FET this SATURDAY!! So so excited and nervous! 36-ish hours from now I will in the clinic waiting for transfer!! Please keep everything crossed for me ladies! X

Do I do a bit of bed rest and pottering around the house or do you just carry on as normal?

XxxX
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Wow Louby lou, that is good news on your et. I just carried on as normal after mine and tried to forget all about it. Obviously be a bit careful and don't do anything you wouldnt do if you were pregnant. You have to make your own mind up how much you do as you have to make sure you dont have anything you can blame if it doesnt work. I feltthat doing nothing would stress me out more so I carried on and worked and did everything as usual, but no heavy lifting or running around like a mad woman! Good luck!
LoubyLou1978
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:23 pm 
Post subject: To
Thanks FC, it will drive me mad doing nothing but as you have said, I don't want to blame myself for anything and I know I will if it doesn't work and I haven't done what I thought I should do! I'm supposed to be in centre parcs all weekend with the family for my mums 60th but we can't go tomorrow obviously but I don't know if to go up th Saturday and Sunday or whether to just stay home? I wouldn't be doing much if I do go- defo not whizzing down the watersides like I wanted to with my nephew and niece!!
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
Oh, I would definitely go if I were you. It will relax you and take your mind off things. There is no medical reason not to do things, if you got pregnant naturally you wouldnt even know and would be doing everything at this stage. Just act as if you are pregnant, get lots of rest and indulge yourself with nice food and relaxation.
susanjosh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hello new thread Laughing

I will update you after my first appointment at the Glasgow royal 2moro. Though don't think I will have much too say as its only a little sperm test for josh.

Our main appointment is next mth.

In the meantime good luck ladies
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Is that for Ivf Susan (the main appointment)??

Shall I ask mods to lock the other thread now and make this our new one? Has got a lot of pages now and its going to get confusing having 2 going on.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Well as I thought I haven't got much to say .

Josh was a little late in getting me , must have been a struggle to ahem produce his sample Laughing
So I got to the hospital with 2 mins to spare , while he parked the car I got lost , that hospital is massive , like a maze.
So got there about 5 mins late .

All stressed out by this time , when I get stressed by face goes all blotchy as well, so looked amazing .

In the nod I only handle the sample and form over to the dr and confirmed our details . That was it !!

Our next appointment is to discuss what treatment will work best regarding our situation.

Then we have approx another years wait I think before they start the treatment as will be done on the Nhs .
This info is hat I'm getting from various foums, so right now just guessing , will know more after the appointment .

Luckily I still have four iui to do at the other hospital so will help with the wait .

Yes I think closing the other thread would be wise .

I said I didn't have much to say Laughing Cool
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies hope everyone is ok.louby loo how are you? did everything go ok at weekend? hope u are feeling ok.we have our gp appointment tmrw to see if he will do our pre treatment screening.then wed have open evening at herts and essex clinic so that be good for my partner to see. am drinking lots of water and taking my folic acid.

gettig annoyed at min my mother in law saying ' ill be a grandmother soon then' not that ill be a mum.am feeling a bit defensive everyone asking questions.we are going to have to deal with ups and downs and dont need outside q
questions.dou know what i mean?

this weekend the reality has hit home and feeling anxious wish it was excitng but the outcome is so unknown.

hope u are all curled up by fire on his wet sunday

nicky xxx
Positive38
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies hope everyone is ok.louby loo how are you? did everything go ok at weekend? hope u are feeling ok.we have our gp appointment tmrw to see if he will do our pre treatment screening.then wed have open evening at herts and essex clinic so that be good for my partner to see. am drinking lots of water and taking my folic acid.

gettig annoyed at min my mother in law saying ' ill be a grandmother soon then' not that ill be a mum.am feeling a bit defensive everyone asking questions.we are going to have to deal with ups and downs and dont need outside q
questions.dou know what i mean?

this weekend the reality has hit home and feeling anxious wish it was excitng but the outcome is so unknown.

hope u are all curled up by fire on his wet sunday

nicky xxx
LoubyLou1978
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hello everyone, hope you have all had a good weekend

Hi Nicky- I know the questions are hard to deal with and people who aren't going through this don't really understand, but our families and friends hearts are all in the right places so they don't mean any harm. We are also extra sensitive to any comments about children etc..too aren't we, so just focus on the future, it's hard work, and it can be exciting at times too but there's always other hurdles to get through so I totally understand what you mean about feeling anxious!

Well ..... I had my transfer at 11am yesterday! Was so good to finally at least get this far! I'm super-paranoid about everything and trying to just get on with things. It was only yesterday and its already dragging soooooo much this 2ww!! How can I get through the next 12 days?!?!

Hope everyone else is okay

Lou xxx
Positive38
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lou thanks for your kind words and i have spoken to family and they realise it has been a sensitive subject but we have their full support.... through the ups and downs.. more ups hopefully.

how are you feeling, are u working over next few weeks at all? id say go for some nice walks but the weather since yesterday is awful.... hope things dont drag too much for you.

is this your first round of IVF? am guessing not if you had a transfer u must of had eggs frozen from a previous round? hope you dont mind me asking

hope your ok thinking of you.

hi ladies, how is everyone today...? xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
Afternoon ladies Smile Well my health kick was meant to start today but its kind of failed lol. Period turned up this morning so no natural miracle before the frozen transfer Sad Didnt hold out much hope but theres always that tiny glimmer that maybe just maybe we would have a bit of luck.
Have to say I kind of wish my mum didnt know what was happening regarding our fertility and everything, she means well but she is such a worrier and so sensitive. Because she is so sensitive she tends to assume that me and my o/h are the same(well me more so). When the Ivf failed I was okay with it as I knew it hadnt worked within 2 days of the transfer (over whelming gut feeling) but I found myself feeling more worried about breaking it to my mum because of knowing what she is like. She even bookmarked an article in a mag about a woman who had failed Ivf and then had miracle babies falling pregnant naturally lol I think she is thinking thats what will happen for us. I text her yesterday morning quite early about something else entirely and she text back saying she thought we had news :/ Rolling Eyes

Any way that turned into a mini rant there haha, 2 weeks today and its our appointment Smile x

Goodluck with the 2ww lou, did you just have 1 embryo put back ? and do you still get progesterone support with a fet? x
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 266, 267, 268  Next
Page 2 of 268

Jump to:  

Community

Popular