Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

Evie13
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
Evenin ladies

Omg Claire 6 days till yor 12 week scan, i'm sure everythin will fine:)

Shelly fx youbget that BFP!!! X Smile

LC hope yor ok?? Smile

Good luck to the start of yor treatment Susan Smile

Gillym how are you hun?!? Smile

Hi quinny fx u get that natural BFP!!! Smile

Faye hope yor takin care of yorself?!? Smile

Went to my GP and she has agreed to do the tests that Birmingham want, so i don't have to travel too and fro, so hopefully fx the results will be good news........xx

Hope everyone are well and enjoyin the sunshine despite the wind!!! Xx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, not been on here for a while, hope you're all doing ok?
Just wanted to update you as we had our follow up appointment and another sa for dh yesterday. Unfortunately we got very bad news. When we did our original icsi 3 years ago he had a count of 2 million per ml which is bad enough, yesterday tho they found only 2 sperm per slide a total of just 40 sperm in the specimen. The doc explained that with age (he's only 32) it will continue to decrease and he will stop producing sperm, like a male menopause. We had no idea that this could be the case.

We now have to decide whether to try again with icsi straight away or not, time is not on our side.

I feel so gutted, can't believe this is happening to us. We feel so lucky and truly blessed to have our miracle little boy, and a big part of me wants to just focus all our time and energy and money on him. Not sure what to do.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:38 pm 
Post subject:
Oh goodness Fc what a situation to be in and he is so young too. Only advice I would offer is follow your heart, whatever you decide to do you have to live with so I guess it comes down to whether you could live with not giving icsi another shot. Can you afford another go? xx ((hugs)) I cant imagine how your poor o/h must be feeling right now.
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
FC so sorry to hear that. So young as well. I hope you are both ok, must be quite a shock. Have you considered donors?

I spoke with my clinic today & we are being offered another cycle but no dates yet as need to wait on a natural period occurring first.

Hope everyone else is ok

LCx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
So sorry fc hugs hun
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Girlies! It's all a bit of a shock at the moment, we really weren't expecting that and were hoping there might still be a chance of a natural concept
The clinic have offered us a repeat sa free of charge and suggested we have it in about 3 mo.ths time. If there is enough to freeze then we will freeze it which will give us more time to decide what to do. She also, really kindly said that they could discount a cycle for us by not charging the icsi fee.

We definitely can't afford it at the moment, but we think we'll probably start trying to put a bit aside each month to save for a go asap.

Just feels so unfair, and Claire I also feel really sorry for my sh, to have to sit there and listen to that must have been awful for him. He's the right weight, fit and active, eats healthy, has never smoked and this happens! But I've just been focussing on how lucky we are and how much worse things can happen to people.

Thanks for your support, I'll keep you posted.
Evie13
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
So sorry fc. Sendin (((big hugs)))
My dh takes pycnogenol, supposed to increase the count, mortility n i think mobility but i cud be wrong on that one.......... It's so cruel wen you do everythin right n this happens..... Fx that things improve for you. Xx
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:11 am 
Post subject:
FC I know what you are going through. When we found out that our problem was male factor after 2 years of trying, we were shocked. He was absolutely gutted. We had assumed the problem was mine as I always kind of had problems in that area so almost expected to struggle to conceive. But when we were tested & that was the result we were shell shocked. Like you guys we are both fit, healthy, don't smoke, don't drink regularly & when we do don't go overboard, so there seems no rhyme or reason for it. So many of my friends are not fit, not healthy, overweight, drink & smoke & have no problems with fertility. It's just the luck of the draw, or unluck in our cases.

Hope you guys find a solution......

LCx Question
gillym
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:04 am 
Post subject:
So sorry fc, big hugs. It does seem so unfair when u do everything right. I hope u work out your next moves. Xx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
fc79 wrote:
Hi ladies, not been on here for a while, hope you're all doing ok?
Just wanted to update you as we had our follow up appointment and another sa for dh yesterday. Unfortunately we got very bad news. When we did our original icsi 3 years ago he had a count of 2 million per ml which is bad enough, yesterday tho they found only 2 sperm per slide a total of just 40 sperm in the specimen. The doc explained that with age (he's only 32) it will continue to decrease and he will stop producing sperm, like a male menopause. We had no idea that this could be the case.

We now have to decide whether to try again with icsi straight away or not, time is not on our side.

I feel so gutted, can't believe this is happening to us. We feel so lucky and truly blessed to have our miracle little boy, and a big part of me wants to just focus all our time and energy and money on him. Not sure what to do.

Sorry to hear this but has your partner been checked out by a doctor, has he had his FSH levels checked?! Look on the web for info on poor sperm results as it could be down to a number of reasons some treatable some not!!
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear that FC hope you are ok.

Well its 6 weeks tomorrow since i m/c and still no sign of af...how long does it normally take?!

Im still feeling stiff and crampy like i have wind but i dont lol!

Wish i knew when she was gonna show up, have to wait to have two periods before i contact the hospital and sort out appointments, last thing i want is a none showing af!

x
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
I had 30 day cycles after both my miscarriages at 5 weeks 3 days Faye but the fact that you have done an ivf cycle may have delayed things a bit. Give it another week and I would go to the doctors to see whats going on.
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Faye I haven't m/c but I have ovulated later than normal the month after ivf so I'm expecting Af to turn up late. As nutty says give it a done time and if still not here go to your drs
fayelouise1984
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, I secretly hope I've fallen naturally, but chance would be a fine thing! Ill give it another few weeks and pop to the docs! When u want af to turn up she never does an vice versa!! X
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Have you done a test Faye? I know you said your tubes are blocked but you never know. You hear of things like this happening. x
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 163 of 259

Jump to:  

Community

Popular