Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

CC78
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Louise I wasn't sure how good it was, did some googling but didn't get too far!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows much about progesterone support. I was using it for the 12 days prior to test date but the clinic say its not really needed going forward. I have some left over from a previous cycle and had been thinking about using them for another week or so. I called the clinic and they said it would do no harm but there really shouldn't be a need. Any thoughts from anyone?

Xx
XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
Was it a fresh cycle that you did? from my understanding, if it was fresh, when they go in the collect your eggs, when they rupture the follicules they release progestrone, and so you would have plenty to support a pregnancy as you would have more follicules than a natural pregnancy.
If it was a frozen cycle, you would need more support upto 12 weeks as the collection is not done. I did a fresh cycle, finished my progestrone at approx same time i found out and so far have had no problems! so you should be fine, although it wont hurt to use up what you have xxxx Louise x
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
I think all clinics seem to vary CC, I know my clinic keep you on progesterone until 12 weeks with an ivf cycle. I did a medicates frozen transfer and I finished progesterone at 15 weeks.

Shelly how did the scan go?
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Louise and Claire. It was a fresh cycle so that makes sense what your saying Louise. I don't really wanna be taking/ using anything I don't need to, feel like I've been pumped full of drugs for weeks! Xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
shelly how the scan go
littlecherubs1973
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats CC! I was right then about the reporting of cramps!

Good luck with the scan Shelly!

Hey Gillym & Jakesmommy, we are in the same camp, fit & healthy & re-start in June. Roll on June.

Hope everyone else is well

LCx
ShellyPad79
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
Scan went really well we are having one baby after having 2 embryos put back. We got to see the heartbeat on the screen which was just amazing. We are both over the moon. Due date approx 30th December so quiet Xmas for us this year!!!

It seems to be moving so fast now as have first midwife appt on Tuesday then won't be long till 12 week scan!!!

Hope all is well with everyone else xxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 am 
Post subject:
Great news Shelly Very Happy congrats once again. x
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Nutty I still cant believe it we are so happy xx
CC78
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Lovely news shelly Very Happy x

LC - you were indeed right about the cramps! X
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, congratulations Shelley! Hope everyone is well.

We have been doing a lot of thinking lately and I have been battling with my consciense as to whether to try again at a full cycle of ivf or not. We feel so blessed having one perfect child and I always said if I could just have one of my own I would be happy. SO I feel so wrong to have this desire for more, and I am scared that I am pushing my luck and should just be happy with what I have got. I got a letter through the other day which was a statement from a pension I started paying into years ago then gave up when I went on maternity leave. I would have to pay in a ridiculous amount each month now if I want to make it worthwhile when I retire, but if I was to take it out now, there would be almost enough to cover the cost of a cycle....

Its very tempting to cash it in and go again!
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
FC79 I would be enclined to cash im hun Smile could be the one Smile
littlecherubs1973
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
FC I would prob cash in too but then i am childless, you have 1 already. however, I am not sure you can....I think there was a new recent law brought in to prevent people from cashing pensions before the retirement age.....I would seek advice on that first.

Shelly, that's my birthday that you are due, the big 40, no less, which I am dreading as I feel that's the us reached the line we said we would draw under this if we were unsuccessful this year. There are only so many times you can try this without loosing it completely! Also if my 4th cycle would have worked i would be have been due around that time too. So happy times for you but maybe not so for me, sorry Crying or Very sad

LCx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:20 am 
Post subject:
Id cash it in to Fc, I think if that desire is still there then down the line if you dont do it youll have regrets about what could have been. Go for it I say x
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
i think i would cash in too, as nutty said, if the feeling is still there, i personally would regret not trying if i felt that way! its a very difficult situation to be in, and when it comes to babies, i personally would pick my heart over my head! Smile good luck hun! congrats shelly! so glad its moving quick for you! i have my 12 week on monday and getting anxious now to make sure its all ok...

Hope everyone else is well, sounds like june will be a busy month xxxx
All the luck in the world xx
Page 172 of 268

Jump to:  

Community

Popular