Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 am 
Post subject:
congratulations hun that's amazing!!! Smile Smile xxxx
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:20 am 
Post subject:
Wow Alowicious Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Massive congratulations. Fantastic news x

Not long now Anna Im excited for you! Smile Once you get started it does move along quite quickly x

Just thought Id mention the only thing I did different after our 3rd transfer was I actually went to bed for a couple of hrs after I had the transfer. I went to youtube and listened to lovely mediation music of the sea etc.. and felt so relaxed just chilling I nearly nodded off.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 am 
Post subject:
Thanks clare then that is what I shall do Smile
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:46 am 
Post subject:
Oh wow alowicious!! Massive congratulations!! You must be so shocked and over the moon.

This gives me so much hope for one day achieveing a miracle of our own. As you know,my dh last count was just 40 and we have never been given any reason for what might have caused that and no treatment offered. Can I ask more about the details of your dh's history and why they chose to give him the hcg? Thanks.
ShellyPad79
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Alowicious thats fantastic news xxx

I 2nd Clare's advice I went to bed as soon as transfer was done and had a relaxation hour listening to calming & relaxing music every day. Also made sure I had the pineapple juice every morning.

Seemed to work for me this time. Good luck hope you get your BFP xxxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations Nutty on your little girl, one of each now Very Happy xx
Good luck Anna and Evie ,and all the other Ladies about to start treatment xx
Congratulations Alowicious xx
LoubyLou1978
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies! Not been on in ages so was just nipping on to see how everyone was and if anyone was mid-cycle or due to start!

Good luck to those currently going through the journey and all those about to start - especially you LC- will keep praying for you!!

Claire - how fabulous - a girl and you're over half way through now - so I hope you can finally relax and enjoy! That's when I started to after 20w scan and that's when I started buying stuff as wouldn't let myself before!

I've finished work now. Had a scan on Monday as they thought baby was breech, but s/he is the right way round! So excited to meet him/her although getting scared about the birth as at the scan on Monday they estimated 7 pounds ALREADY! And I'm only 5 foot 1 ! Yikes!

Congrats Alowicious - amazing news! I'm hoping for the same for you FC - can your hubby have those hcg shots??

I Wish all of you all the luck in the world

xXx
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
Wow Lou, 36 weeks already!! Enjoy the rest from work before the baby comes, try not to get too impatient if its late, it will come! Also, dont worry about the birth, you'll be in the middle of it beofre you know whats happening!

I am hoping my DH can be given the hcg injections too. Im going to book him an appointment with a private urologist as we have never been given any answers as to why he is the way he is. Its going to be worth a few hundred spent on that before thousands on more ivf just incase there is a solution. I have read a bit anout it since hearing from alowicious and I think they only work if theres a hormone imbalance, really hoping that is what it is for him, how amazing would that be!!
littlecherubs1973
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats alowicious! Great news! Tell me more about these hcg shots? My hubby is willing to try anything but we ave never been offered this on NHS or privately.

So af has arrived so time to organise the dates for the next cycle of treatment. Holiday first though. 2 weeks in the sun well needed. Thanks for the good luck wished LoubyLou! Hope the prayers work!

LCx
gillym
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Great news Alowicious. Very Happy Very Happy
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
fc79 wrote:
Oh wow alowicious!! Massive congratulations!! You must be so shocked and over the moon.

This gives me so much hope for one day achieveing a miracle of our own. As you know,my dh last count was just 40 and we have never been given any reason for what might have caused that and no treatment offered. Can I ask more about the details of your dh's history and why they chose to give him the hcg? Thanks.

Hi everyone, sorry I didn't reply sooner but I didn't get a notification that anyone had replied.

FC and the other lady who asked, my other IVF Dr who I had the failed cycle with said that she thought my DH had a blockage after his vasectomy reversal and I begged her to test his hormone levels but she wouldn't. Sometimes he would have a 0 sperm count and sometimes 3,000 non swimming sperm count so to me that showed there wasn't a blockage. We went with a different clinic this time and the first thing he did was a blood test on my DH to see what his FSH, LH and testosterone levels were like. His levels all cam back low, so the Dr prescribed 4 shots of HCG (Ovitrelle) taken once a week. It's the same stuff that we had to inject ourselves with 36 hours before egg collection. Basically 4 weeks later his sperm count was 46 million per millilitre, with 36% motility and 2% morphology. Comments at the bottom of the form were low motility.

He has since been back for another blood test and they said his hormone levels don't match his sperm levels so it must have also been the concoction of supplements he was taking: 1000mg of DHEA a day, 1 tablet of fertilityblend for men, coq10 and pycegenol(sp?)which is supposed to be good for cells. Now sperm apparently takes 6 weeks to grow and get to the point where it is ready to be ejaculated so in theory it shouldn't have been such a good result so quick. I can only think that maybe because he has lost weight recently it has helped?? Also our problem was with my DH, although I have PCOS I do ovulate just not as regular as most women. So if your problems are just with low sperm count it may be worth speaking to your DR about this injection??

Good luck everyone x x and thanks for all the congrats, hope I'll be saying it to some of you soon Smile
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for that Alowicious. It is just him that has the fertility problem, Im fine. I am going to book him an appointment with a urologist as he has never had his lh or fsh checked (although his testosterone was within normal levels) Its worth a try, would be amazing if they could 'fix' it!

How are you feeling? You must be in disbelief at the moment!
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:39 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies Hope everyone is well Smile
Im seriously PMT to the max Mad Not due till thurs but wish she would hurry up so
I can get started Smile Got million things going around in my head like what to expect with treatment ect Hubby says I need to start fealing + but carnt shake the fealing im not even going get past egg collection did anyone else feal like this Smile
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi jakesmummy the treatment is fairly easy once u get going. U soon get into the routine of it. I think everyone gets different feelings with it but for me I started to feel really full and bloated once I was into the stimms. It's uncomfortable but not too bad. I think the best advice I got for managing feelings was to try stay balanced not too pessimistic but also not too excited. Hard I know. Best of luck. Xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 260, 261, 262  Next
Page 179 of 262

Jump to:  

Community

Popular