Anyone else doing IVF/FET/IUI??

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
Awww Terri believe me the pain and hurt does fade as soon as you hold baby in your arms. It took me a long time to accept we were having a baby and I felt uncomfortable buying anything in case it all went wrong and she was taken away from us. Even though I had a visible bump and felt her move etc.. I still couldnt believe there was actually a baby there after so may years of waiting and trying. Now she is here I still stare at her every day and just cannot believe we did it, the love you feel is overwhelming when youve wanted something so long. When youve tried as long as we have I think it makes having a baby even more special than it is for the average couple. All the midwives / health visitors etc have all commented on how besotted we look and how you can see how special she is. Even random strangers sometimes stop us and say things like - she is very special to you isnt she, its bizarre we must give off some kind of vibe lol. We arent trying yet going to wait till she is around 10/11 months then see what happens. x
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:38 am 
Post subject:
Aww nutty, what a lovely story.

Hope we get our happy ending this year.

Good luck for starting teehopes.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all hope everyone is well Clare Im so glad you got your dream you so deserve it Smile
She is such a little beaut I think she looks like her mommy Smile

My sister had her results back yesterday from frozen embryo transfer is was + but low beta nmbs 13.1 she got have more blood drawn weds I hoping she has misunderstood as that does seem very low
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone!
Teehopes- I dont think you ever forget what you have been through, but it definitely doesn't matter anymore! I worried about EVERYTHING throughout my pregnancy and kept thinking that if I ever began to let myself believe it was happening, it would be taken away from me again. You get so used to disappointments that that is what you come to expect. I think all the pain and struggle to get our little boy just makes us appreciate him so much more, we dont take anything for granted and enjoy every second-even the tantrums and naughtiness!! Its really now, when everyone had first babies around the same time are now having their second with the exact age gap they wanted, that its all coming back a bit again. For a while after having him we felt 'normal'! Second time round is a lot easier to cope with the disappointments tho. My last 2 failed fet's were a few tears in the bathroom after the test results then big cuddles with my boy and back to being a happy mummy.

I wish you all the best for your cycle of ivf.

As for me, I phoned the clinic yesterday about starting a fresh cycle in May. They said I would need an up to date amh blood test in March, then a set up appointment in April, then I can start on my day 1 in May!!! Getting excited now!
femsmurf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies! just thought I'd join you

Hope you are all well. I haven't been on very much in the last couple of years but, DH and I are finally at the top of the treatment waiting list. We received the letter yesterday along with lots of consent forms which we have to sign before our screening appointment which is on the 1st April 2014. it's a 2 part appointment one in clinic at 10.40 and letter says 11.45 for a mini-scan or mini-swab? can't make out the consultants' writing so assume it's a 'mini-scan' and I assume that's internal?

We are relieved that we are on our way now. We've had to wait a long 30 months to get to this stage (was referred in august 2011)We were told it would be a 22 month wait but, I had to wait 5 months for a referral to have an HSG to have my tubes checked so they could determine if it would be IUI or IVF we'd be having. I had the HSG at the beginning of December and all was okay both tubes open so, IUI is the treatment for us first of all.

I assume we could be starting maybe June/July?? I'm not really sure but, sounds like it. We have been ttc coming up 11 years in June and been attending fertility clinic appointments for almost 5 and a half years with 2 of those years for appointments for testing/investigations then at the assisted conception unit(different hospital as we re-located) for 2 years with breaks in between due to the relocation then once we relocated, waiting to be referred to resume where we left off before we relocated.

We are going to be using Donor Sperm as DH has Non Obstructive Azoospermia. We get 3 goes at the IUI and if none are successful, we then move onto IVF with Donor Sperm and get up to 3 goes at that but, hopefully we won't need them all.

Good luck to all who are, or will soon be going through treatment cycle. Hope you all get your BFP! Also, congrats to those who have got BFP.
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi Femsmurf, I remember you from a few years back. We chatted a bit when I found out about my husbands very low count.

I can't believe you're still waiting, 11 years must be so painful. At least things are getting going for you now, and its so good you get all those tries. Hopefully you wont need them tho and you will get your BFP first time.

The scan you will be having is probably a trans vaginal ultra sound, just an internal scan where they look at your ovaries and count how many follicles you have to see how well you will respond to the drugs, what the best course of treatment for you is and make sure you have no cysts or anything that would effect the treatment.

Keep in touch, I am hoping to be starting ivf/icsi in May
fayelouise1984
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, ive been lurking in the background for a while and following you all, congrats on all the bfp! And good luck to those starting treatment, nobody ever said it was easy but its defo worth it eventually!
Im 21+4 now and having a boy, all is good and we are over the moon! It was my second cycle of ivf and im forever grateful! Smile
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
femsmurf, good luck for your treatment. xx
fayelouse, congratulations. xx
Hope everyone else is all good. xx
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:46 pm 
Post subject: ivf first timer
Hi ladies im an ivf first timer, previous had clomid for 6 cycles then ovulation induction for 6. Hubbie and i had been ttc for 6yrs, im cuurently on cd 7 taking menopur, metamorim and centrocide. I would love to hear some encouraging stories, especially on ivf working first time round, im trying to relax and stay calm, metaformin making me feel so sick that's the only downside so far, any advice?? Lady��
gillym
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Faye nice to hear from u agin. Glad all going well.

Lady I think the important thing is to drink loads of water are I getting your 2 litres a day.

Hi femsmurff, what a wait for u but it will fly in now.

Afm we spoke to the clinic two weeks ago about using donor eggs, well within two weeks they have offered us a donor. The lady sounds exactly like me personality wise so I think we are going to go for it which means we could start end of feb. Had an emotional pregnant lady in my house last night, she was upset cos she was so tired and they had been house hunting all day as they've sold theirs really quickly, they've put a load of additional stress on themselves. I managed to be sympathetic but was gritting my teeth on the inside. She is four weeks behind where I would be if we hadn't lost our one in oct so it's hard for me anyway.
PENNY76
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
Lady24 I remember chatting with few times when we trying to conceive I don't know if you remember I had clomind 6 months no luck and then I fell pregnant with twin girls with 1st Ivf cycle there 2years 3months .
Really glad things moving forwards for you .
Drink 2ltr water
Eat healthy and take a protein shake a day during stimming as help the eggs grow and keep tummy warm but as soon as put embryo back not heat pads or hot bath or showers .
Lots more to tell you would rather chat on FaceTime or Skype or viber as hate typing lol pm if you like chat ?
Gillym good luck Smile
Faye congrats
Fc79 good luck cycle in may Smile
Femsmurf 11 years bless you that's way to long good that you got 3 Iui and 3 Ivf let's hope Iui works Smile
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Lady24 sent pm message when saw your pm message Smile
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
HI Lady,
I'm currently pregnant following my IVF cycle. It can work the first time. I'd follow all the advice penny has given you as it all helps. xxx
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Kazm not long now till 12 week scan Smile
Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls thanks for the replies, very helpful, im tryin my best with the water not a big fan. I feel alot better today, very sick this morning. I had a scan this morning, lots of follicles but still not quite there, so reduced menopur tonight then rescan wed morn. So glad to hear good positive stories too, thanks for the support x
jennie i sent u a msg, i don't have Skype yet im so behind the times, will send u another msg now.
lady xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 265, 266, 267  Next
Page 233 of 267

Jump to:  

Community

Popular