Expectant Management/Monitoring and Ectopic Pregnancy

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:37 pm 
Post subject: Expectant Management/Monitoring and Ectopic Pregnancy
Hi Ladies, has anyone been give 'expectant management' for the treatment of their ectopic pregnancy? Long story short but hospital tried to fob me off with a 'failing pregnancy, take a HPT in 10 days time', however asking them to go through my scan results with me, it was clear I had an ectopic pregnancy. They simply told me to take a HPT in 10 days time. No advice to see GP, no future fertility advice, they even said it was suggested I had a rupture in my tube, but it would 'eal itself and present no damage' Shocked Question Question Question

I would really appreciate it if anyone who has had expectant management/monitoring, to share their experiences, as the 'treatment' method given by my hospital, doesnt seem right, thanks Ren xxx

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya .. no this doesnt sound right.. I hope you are sorted now, as this is what I had.. the end result is tthe same... tube ruptures and has to be removed... where as if they had operated sooner.. tube may have been saved!! Sad hpt should be checked every 2 days until levels fall xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply... I went to see my GP who was amazed that I wasnt having my bloods done etc, she took my bloods every week and confirmed they were falling and I miscarried. I'm having another scan soon to check up on the mass they found on/by my ovary x

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
aww really sorry hun... good luck xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular