potty training

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:11 pm 
Post subject: potty training
just wondering how old your lo was when you started potty training. alfie is 2yr 5 month and not potty trained yet. he still doesnt speak much so cant tell me when he needs to go so im putting off until his speech is a bit better. he has started grabbing at his crotch when hes done a wee so he must be aware of it but when i have no nappy time and his potty is availabkle to use he just pees on the floor or not at all. he will sometimes sit on the potty but just to watch tv. alot of my friends have kids who have just turned 2 and are trained already and i feel a bit like im keeping alfie behind. id rather wait until he was ready though. im also getting presssurised from his childminder to get him done by xmas. im due baby number 2 in feb so obv it would be nice to get him done by then. im being made redundant at christmas though so thought jan would be a perfect time to try x

[/url]
xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
Try noy to worry hun all children are different. I've been trying to potty train Oliver 7 months now and I still feel no closer. Hes 38 months old now!

Terri xx

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
hi hon I wouldn't worry too much as my son was closer to 3 before he was trained. he just wasn't ready. I would say it would be fantastic if he was ready before baby comes as I remember I was trying to feed a newborn and run around after a toddler toilet training too! honestly, relax and done worry too much it'll come when he's good and ready. I was panicked thatmy son wasn't toilet trained when it seemed everyone else was but it all came together when he was ready. good luck and stick with it xxx

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
im not really worried tbh. i know hes not ready and i dont him to go backwards. i only change his nappy about 4 times a day anyway unless hes pood so its not like om doing it all the time. i just dont want to hold him back x

[/url]
EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
My LO wasn't ready until she was 3 and she has picked it up very quickly. She is now fully trained during the day but not at night yet x
Don't stress about it hun, he will do it in his own time and thats when he is likely to pick it up much quicker xxx
Don't listen to anyone who tries to push you into training as forcing him will lead to a set back xx
mumtoastar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
My lo was the same, he showed no signs at all of wanting to use the potty and he would wee on the floor when his nappy was off. He turned 3 and he still wasn't potty trained and still showing no signs at all! So I just did it a few weeks back and i managed to train him in a week, no problems with poos and he's dry on a night. So for us it worked worked out better leaving it a bit later!

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Oliver was just over 2yrs when we started and was done more or less instantly. But he was ready and led me. Although its still hit and miss with the night time. Maybe leaving it longer the chances are you'll get both day and night time mastered Smile
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
He will do it in his own time, for some reason i thought potty training was a long process, as in learning to go on potty, dry out an about, learning to go on toilet and then dry at night its seems a lot. But honestly once he gets the hang of it and shows more interest he will pass through these phases quickly. But i did introduce the potty quite early, i was in no rush just wanted him used to it so say about 15months and its only now his 90% ( has nappy on at nap time) dry thoughtout the day. I dont think i will be trying night time dry till the end of next month though.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
I'm havin a terrible time at the mo with potty training hun, my LO is nowhere near and she'll be 3 in November.

I've been trying to get her sorted for about 3 weeks now but Ive had temper tantrums and general refusal to even sit in the potty. If I give her no nappy time she just wee's on the floor but she is at least now telling me when shes done a wee so she knows what one is. She's also very good at telling me when she needs a poo but only so she can runn off to her spot behind the curtains so she can do it in private!

I'm trying to get her sorted (during the day) for when she increases her nursery hours in November as the nursery have just said they like them to be using the loo rather than nappies when she goes into the older kids room but the way things are going she's going to be about 15 before she uses the loo.

I'm like you tho, just a bit worried that I'm holding her back as all the other kids we know around her age are apparently dry during the day (I say apparently as short of lifting their skirts I can't check foryself that theyre not wearing nappies while the mums brag ha!). I've actually stopped using nappies during the day and gone onto Pull-Ups as they don't hold the wee as well so she starts to realise when she feels damp/wet.......apparently they don't like that sensation but again this isn't the case with my LO!

Ive dreaded potty training since she was born so I think that it might be me making more of a big of it than I possibly should and so I'm putting extra pressure on her and me which is why I just don't think its working Sad

xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular