anyones 3rd year old still not potty trained?

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:37 pm 
Post subject: anyones 3rd year old still not potty trained?
georgia is coming up 3 years old and is still not potty trained and not ready for it either. she asks to go to the toilet not because she needs to go just becasue she enjoys sitting on the toilet and wiping her bum (not thats she does anything on the toilet). she doesent tell me if shes weed or pooed in her nappy. so i really dont think shes ready yet.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 am 
Post subject:
Shes been delayed in some other areas as well though hasn't she laura, so maybe she will just be later with this ? One of my sisters boys though didn't show any interest in toliet training and was quite happy to stay in nappies and never gave any clue that he knew when he was going (he'd had meningitis as a toddler and was profoundly deaf and speech delayed as well so she did wonder if that was part of it , he also didn't walk until 18 months but that was just before the meningitis Question ) but then when he was 3 and a bit she had a new baby on the way and him due to start nursery in a few months she got a bit desperate and bought him new undies, stopped putting nappies on him and explained he needed to go to the toilet to do his wees and poos and he wet himself a couple of times the first day or so, which seemed to make him realise he was going and then after that he would get up and head to the toilet when he needed a wee and within a week he was dry Question
I think maybe he just didn't relaise what was expected of him and as soon as he did he took to it straight away ?
Might not work for everyone though Smile but could be worth a go, she might notice what she's doing more if she was in proper underwear than in nappies Question and at least you know she's happy to sit on the toilet, if you can catch her just as she needs a wee anyway and then give lots of praise sometimes thats enough to get them to want to keep doing it Smile xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 am 
Post subject:
Ohh I meant to say not all of mine have been at the point of not wanting nappies on or even coming telling me when they needed a wee before we started toilet training Question but even if they weren't it didn't seem to take any longer
(i think sometimes they do know but just don't think anything of going in their nappy or aren't bthered by it as a couple of mine would happily sit in a dirty nappy until I realised what they'd done and yet others would be trying to get it off asap Laughing )
but it didn't seem to affect toilet training times Smile with my middle son if i'd waited for signs of him being ready i don't think we'd ever have done it , but he was still dry within a few weeks Smile xx
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Archie is no were near ready yet either Laura, I was at a meeting at the weekend with other parents of children with hyperinsulinism and alot of them have speech delays due to being tube fed and they all were toilet trained alot later too, seems most were between 3-4 years so I am not letting it worry me at the minute. I think when you have a child with issues be it medical or delays of some everything just takes there time! xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
thanx ladies.

yer the fact shes happy to sit on the toilet is brilliant so im gonna stick with that and let her lead the way wen shes ready:)

jennifer thats gd for me to know archie is nowhere near ready yet either. and btw the luna - i love it!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular