What age

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 pm 
Post subject: What age
What age did you potty train? I don't think Jamie is anywhere near ready yet (which is no wonder as his not even 15 months yet) and I'm not really expecting it to be until next summer at the earliest but someone at work today (who no-one can stand to be fair) was saying she thought everyone left it too long - according to her both her sons are amazing. Anyway, it made me think about it and I wondered how old everyone's lo was when they started

Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
I got Avril a potty when she was 18 months old, but she was never interested. We only really were able to get going on it a month ago, so I really wouldn't worry about it. Some kids are ready earlier then others of course.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
Archie is not ready yet, we have plenty of nappy off time but we just get widdles everywere Laughing he can stop it though because today I jumped up as he was on the rug and not the laminate and he stopped weeing, so he can do that, however he doesn't have much speech so I am hoping they sort of come hand in hand, as he wouldn't be able to tell me he needed to go.

I am thinking of getting a potty for the living room just to see how it goes, daddy broke the last one trying to show Archie what you do, he sat on it, it cracked and gripped onto him bum so as he stood up squeeling it was still attached to his behind lol xx

Angel78
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
LOL Jennifer256 - thats something that my oh would do.
my first asked to be using the big girl toilet 2wks before her 2nd birthday and was dry as she turned 2. However Lucas is nowhere near ready. we have the potty in the living room and he will sit on it when fully clothed but if you try to sit him on it when his nappy is off, we have a full blown tantrum. I'm kind of in the same situation as you jennifer256, Lucas' speach isnt particularly great so im hoping that when he can tell me he needs to go, we can start with the potty.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
i started having a potty around from about 1, and sam always watched me on the toilet. from about 18 months, i let her have nappy off time, and she would tell me when she had done a wee (all over the floor Laughing )

by around 21 months she would ask to have a nappy on, do a wee and take it off! took about 2 weeks, but she got up one day said 'need a wee' and went on the potty. took til she was turned 2 to do a poo though Rolling Eyes

i had someone teling me that she would have been trained by 15 months, and aat 18 months should be able to sit at the table to eat her meals and use a knife and fork correctly. and that girls should be in pretty frilly dresses! like wtf, they would be ruined.

dreamy75
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
My Lo turned 2 in Oct and like her siblings was just 2 when toilet trained, although has taken longer to be dry at night. I think it's good to have a potty around from early and then try a few times and they will let you know when they are ready.

They all do it when ready!!
Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
My girls were great, both really easy to do. Although Siobhan has started wetting at night some nights. Then nothing's for weeks. My son was nearly 3 when I got him sorted. But when I did eventually did get him sorted it took a week. I haven't thought about starting Eoin yet. When I do I will be reading gina fords book. It worked for mine.

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
I've had a potty for a few months now and Maisie know what it is and sometimes sits on it to wee in her nappy but she doesn't always and I don't class that as training just trying to get her used to it. I think esp when children go to nursery its a harder job as they need to be able to ask for the potty/toilet clearly each time so the speach needs to be there as well as they other skills. x
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:05 am 
Post subject:
I brought a potty at Christmas for Noah for him to get use to it. He does go and sit on a potty and the toilet for a wee, he has only done about 2 poo's on the potty tho. I started to have a go throughout the day at home when he was about 18 months. I would have started it religiously then but with the wedding and holiday I thought there was no point it would just disrupt him. I brought him some pants 2 weeks ago to start wearing throughout the day at home and its going ok he does still have accidents, i find him better with no pants on. I am going to start properly with a potty training book when I get back from holiday. So hopefully in like 4 months he will be dry Laughing Laughing Laughing

I would start having ago from 18 months, but its up to you hun u know jamie

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:05 am 
Post subject:
JJ was out of nappies in the night at 20 months and in the day at 21 months (I know, he did it the wrong way round lol) but then he'd been sat on a potty since 6 weeks old so maybe that had something to do with it! We only started properly potty training him once he was able to sit on a potty himself i.e. walk to the potty and sit himself down on it so from about 15 months but before that we did part time EC so mainly at home he would be nappy free and when he made the cues he needed to go he'd be sat on the potty. Some people think we were mad and caused ourselves more work but for a cloth nappied baby, the less poos and wees done in a nappy, the less washing for me! Very Happy He has now rejected the potty and toddler toilet seat and wants to sit on the toilet like we do which is great except he needs our help getting on which is a pain coz when he was using the potty he did it all himself Sad

My friend's kids were potty trained at about 21 months and 18 months(1 boy, 1 girl) and she just introduced them to the potty once they were walking...I think seeing other kids using the potty is useful as the girl (15 months younger) wanted to use the potty as soon as she was able to sit on it coz she copied her brother.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
i started potty training louise during the day when she was 2.5 and she was done in a week. and then she wasnt dry at night till she was 3.5.

however georgia is coming up 3 and not ready for potty training yet. she doesent tell me if shes weed or pooed in her nappy and will just stay in a dirty nappy.(but obviously i change her) she does ask to go to the toilet but not because she needs to do something just coz she like to sit on it and wipe her bum and flush the chain etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular