How do you know? (PCOS)

NaturalMother
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:58 pm 
Post subject: How do you know? (PCOS)
My partner and I are currently TTC, but as I have PCOS it's obviously a little harder for us. I've not actually had a period since November, so I know I won't have that to rely on showing me I'm pregnant if we get there. So I wondered if any ladies in the same situation might shed some light for us on how we will know.
I tend to worry about not knowing so much that I make up other symptoms and then take a PT only to be let down because it was all in my head, just because I want it so bad, and don't want to be pregnant but then not know it because I missed symptoms, so I'm very nervous, paranoid and confused. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated Smile xxx

Last edited by NaturalMother on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
I dont have any experience of PCOS and cant offer any advice for you I'm afraid. I can imagine its extremely frustrating for you. When TTC my first, my cycles were between 11 days to 50 days which made it difficult to know when to test so I understand to an extend how difficult this is for you... xx

mummy2ollie
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
It's unlikely that your ovulating Hun if ur not having periods so I would go to the doctors if u hvent had a period since november, I to have pcos and need help to become pregnant not saying u will but just incase I would go and talk to ur gp x
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you both for your replies. I have been to the doctor, several times, and they haven't really done a lot about it. They did a few blood tests on me not that long ago, without really telling me what they were for, and when I got the results back all I was told was that it was all normal for what was expected, which just confused me even more! Other than that they've just told us to keep trying on our own, and go back when we've been TTC for more than a year and then they'll give us some help. I actually got my period this month! Which felt like such a relief! I got it on 06/08 so we worked out when I should have been ovulating and then tried as much as possible around that time hahaha! I'm hoping that considering I went so long without a period, that getting one is a good sign! But still feeling a little unsure on how it's all going to work out. For example, next month, if I dont get a period again, do I take that as my PCOS doing its normal thing, or take it as a pregnancy sign? Just feel like I forever have to be questioning the things my body is doing, so frustrating! Oh well, will get there in the end.

Thank you again ladies, and hope to hear from you both (and others!)again soon xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular