aptamil comfort

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:49 am 
Post subject: aptamil comfort
i switched to this a fee days ago because lo was strugglinh to poo and had really bad trapped wind! also added 5ml.of gripe water to each feed.

for the last 36 hours he is still straining but it is really runny and smelly and he is going every 2 hours. he clearly has an uoset tummy.

i have been told to alternate between the comfort and the stage 1. i was thinking of doing 2 feeds of stage 1 with gripe water and then one feed of stage one with no gripe water!

does anyone have experience of this? xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
runny nappies can be a symptom of constipation (bizarre but true) especially if its more water.

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
You may find that its better just to use the gripe water with normal formula or just the comfort formula, Not sure if it will but just suggesting, as he may be getting too much - causing runny poos.

I have also heard that it can be a sign of constipation. Baby massage may help him poo - strokes down the tummy and then in a clockwise motion around the tummy - thats supposed to help move the poo, I also used to hold Frankie's knees up to her tummy (not push them against her stomach) which helped her release wind and poo. x
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
The comfort milk is made up of ingredients so that the tummy thinks it is fuller / slower to digest that regular formula so it can cause constipation. I know a lot of people have found it to work wonders so I am sure it is good for lots of babies, I have never used it as my GP last time round was against babies having to use it as it can cause upset tummies.

Hope he settles soon hun, it's hard when there is little you can do to ease their discomfort

xx

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 am 
Post subject:
Yeh I would leave the gripe water now he's on comfort milk. The comfort milk already has stuff in it to settle baby's stomach. I would deffo not alternate tho or that will hurt his tummy more. Choose one thing and stick with it x

[/url]
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:49 am 
Post subject:
thanks girls. i think i will stick.with the stage 1 and gripe water for now. the comfort has given him the runs whixh has resulted in nappy rash! hopefully he will settle on that! xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular