Epidural bruise?

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:20 am 
Post subject: Epidural bruise?
So - my little boy is nearly 6 months old now and though I had a completely natural (no pain killers or even gas and air!) birth which I loved, I had a 4th degree (total front to back & up) tear which had to be repaired under an epidural. Now - it wasn't a simple procedure, the first trip to theatre comprised 6 attempts at an epidural (because I swear the woman was inept) without local so not a pleasant experience... and then having given up on that, I went to theatre again 8 hours later, fortunately a different anaesthatist and first attempt epidural worked fine etc...

However - we're now 6 months along and I still feel bruised from the epidural needles... there is one spot right in the middle of my spine low down on my back that is still really sensitive to touch, even my jeans touching it can sometimes make me jump...

Just wondered if a continued bruise-feeling after an epidural was quite common? I worry a bit that it's all in my head as you can't see anything there but it plays on my mind and I do get quite upset if my husband touches my back at all, even just putting his hand there as we walk etc as it feels sensitive... Sad

xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
Its weird you should say that because I had an epidural 12 yrs ago now and there's a place on my spine which i've noticed if I do certain exercises (usually sit up type ones ) and it gets pressure put on it even on a thick rug and it really hurts Shocked almost like an electric shock sensation Shocked that makes me jump , any pressure whilst my backs curved is very painful but when my backs straight its fine Question i put it down to nerve damage as for a long time (years) after the epdiural i had one place on my back with no feeling in it Question and around it was sort of sensitve but semi numb as well Question there's nothing to see on mine either , but I never had it before the epdiural so I strongly suspect its related to that Question
have you spoken to your GP about it ? xx
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't, no - but I am going next week for something else so I might just mention it - I know it sounds daft, but I was a bit reluctant to mention it to them as a) I think they'll tell me it is in my head and b) I don't then want them to start prodding it as well! Such a wimp!
Smile x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular