question about ET

hopefullstar
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 pm 
Post subject: question about ET
Hi ladies I'm just wondering if this is normal once you have had your ET and you stand up if you have ever had a little bit of liquid tipple out? And also was you told to go to the toilet before you left your clinic?
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
On my forms it says that you can expect to feel 'wet' and its nothing to worry about as its the liquid they use to clean you before doing the transfer. I went to the toilet after transfer they had no problem with it but it wasnt something they expected you to do. x
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks nutty the place where I go said I had to have a wee before leaving it took me ages of pushing and willing to wee Sad I know they say once the embies in it can't just drop out but after the straining to wee it makes you wonder lol I read a post on another site and this ladie said when she stood up from the bed she had like a gushing of water and thought that her embie came out with it she said she was going to complain next time she went in,I think this time if the tell me to wee I'll just pretend I have and go home Smile when you had failed cycles you just want to try do everything possible don't you its almost like I want the doctor to say yep this time it will 100% work lol this ivf drives you insane sometimes!
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
I think Im gonna hold off going to the loo this time too. The only reason I needed it so bad last time was because I had mild ohss and was drinking lots and lots of water, I feel much better about things this time because although Im on medications I still feel 'normal'.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
When I go for iui I have to go in with a full bladder ... Afterwards I'm scared to pee, so I try and hold it in as long as possible Laughing the joys of ttc.
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hey susan yea when I had ivf we had to have a full bladder they said its so the cervix is in place for the embryo to be put back in,afterwards I told the ladie I couldn't go to the toilet but she said if I didn't go before I left and got home and couldn't wee I'd have to drive all the way back for a caffita :/ but I'm deffo going with my instinct this time and not going after. Last time I musta drunk 10 litres of water while I waited lol this time I will just have a glass so there's not so much pressure down there x
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
I think what your feeling trickle is the liquid solution used to help transfer those special little embryos.
I had a full bladder and didn't even make it back to my bed I diverted straight to the toilet but they said that it was fine to go straight for a wee because embryos can't fall out.
Xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
I don't remember who told me this or where I read it but think of your womb as a jar of strawberry jam and the embryos are the little seeds. They are just 'suspended' in your womb and can't fall out! The amount of liquid used when they do the transfer is tiny, what your most likely feeling is the stuff they pour onto you to wash you.

I went to the loo after my ET because I was bursting but if you can't go then don't, it doesn't matter Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular