FET whats the procedure?

hopefullstar
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 am 
Post subject: FET whats the procedure?
What the protocol for a FET? The nurse said to ring her on the day of af which was the 20th of oct she then counted something and said to come to clinic on the 8th of november so that's all I know really lol I know its only next thursday but I'm just anxious now about how it works so could someone be kind enough to explain what they do when u start and how long it takes Smile x
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:19 am 
Post subject:
Are you doing a medicated cycle or natural? We're doing a medicated cycle so heres the schedule Im following :

cd22 - Pipelle (endometrial scratching) and started suprecur to down regulate.
Day 3 (new cycle) - 3 x 2mg of progynova (estrogen tablets to build lining), 1 baby aspirin , and suprecur.
Day 13 - Scan to check lining is thick enough.

Thats as far as we are up to but I know that should my lining be thick enough then I will be adding cyclogest pessaries on cd 14 to the list and dropping the suprecur. Hopefully embryos will be transferred around cd 17.

Hope this helps Im really not sure how it works with a natursl cycle.
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:20 am 
Post subject:
Thanks nutty sounds like ur almost a month ahead of me I hope it works out for you Smile I'm not sure yet if its natural or medicated I'll find out on the 8th for some reason I feel more relaxed this time round maybe its because I know what to expect Smile
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 am 
Post subject:
Ive felt a lot more relaxed too and although Ive got side effects from the medication its nothing like it was during Ivf thank god.
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject:
Maybe just maybe this is our time Smile I was reading really old post from when I first had ivf last year and nearly everyone that was have the treatment the same time as me have gone on to have a baby or twins I can't help but think how jealous I am Sad but they say things happen for a reason I think the first time I had it done I kinda went in with my eyes closed expecting it to work straight away and never thought about the what if but this time like I said I do feel more relaxed and more open minded x
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:22 am 
Post subject:
Ditto, I was convinced mine was going to work first time because there was no reason for it not too. I get really sad and jealous when I see all the women on here coming and going having their 1st, 2nd etc... and here I am still waiting for it to happen. Im a great believer in fate though and whats meant to be will be so we shall see. Im alot more cautious this time round about the fact it might not work. We shall see.x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular