Positive Preg test 4 wks after miscarriage.

brysmama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:52 pm 
Post subject: Positive Preg test 4 wks after miscarriage.
hi all. im looking for some help! miscarried on aug 21 at 7 wks. on aug 23 my hcg was dropping fast it was at 42 and dr disnt want to make me come retest. on sep 18 wouldve been 28 days since i started bleeding from my miscarriage. i didnt get a period so i took a test and it said pregnant. i got my hcg levels teated that day and they were 77. the nurse called to tell me that and didnt say much else. i asked if that was normal and she said that they wanted to "make sure it is doubling every 48 hours with the last time we tested it being 42."" wth does that last part mean? so i will test tomorrow and pray to our good lord they are doubling. this has to be a new pregnancy rifht? my dr told me to use protecrion until i had a nornal period...obv we didnt... i didnt know u r suuuper fertile after miscarry. soo what do yall think??????
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:26 am 
Post subject:
It sounds like it could be a new pregnancy Smile but they will want to chek the HCG levels as sometimes if a small amount of placental tissue is left it can carry on growing and give off HCG (if thats what it was then the levels wouldn't double normally) so if you see a doubling or an increase of at least 2/3rds you can be confident its a new pregnancy Smile
really they should have you at least test at home until you get a negative , so you know for sure, but my DD had the same thing after a miscarriage at 6 weeks, her doc did ask her to retest but she forgot until she got a letter from the recurrant m/c clininc 9it was her 3rd0 and then she tested and got a positive , it was about 5 weeks since her m/c so she had the HCG bloods done and they did double over the 48 hrs and when she had a scan it confirmed she'd conceived about 2 weeks after her m/c , she carried to term that time Very Happy
So it can happen so quickly and her doc said it could have actually helped with the pregnancy as her hormaones were naturally raised , he also said they only say to wait a month so they can date the pregnancy easier and with modern scans its not necessary . FX for you xx
brysmama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 pm 
Post subject:
it IS a new pregnancy!! my levels went up almost 4.5 tines what they were 68 hours previous! yay! ultra sound is oct 1st!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:38 am 
Post subject:
Yayyy congratulations Very Happy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular