9 week old constantly going goz eyed!!

Gemfuller
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:45 pm 
Post subject: 9 week old constantly going goz eyed!!
Hi all I'm new to this parenthood and I think the health visitor is fed of hearing from me.. My 9 week old son keeps going goz eyed. At first it was only a couple times a day but lately it's been a hell of a lot more. Is this normal?? X
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
What does goz eyed mean? Do you mean like cross eyed?
If so then thats normal for young babies as they can't focus much and can't see far in front of themselves. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless he was permanently like that or it continued as he gets older x

Gemfuller
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:51 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply I will keep watching see how he gets on. It just scares me sometimes wen he goes cross eyed. X Smile
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Some babies when born have extra folds of skin in the corner of their eyes. This can sometimes make them look cross eyed and if left untreated they can develop a lazy eye. My son on some photos in just one eye lookEd like it was crossing when in fact he had limited movement in the other eye due to the extra skin. He had an eye test at 6 months and 12 months and at the 12 month appointment was told its ok. Have to go back when he is 2 to make sure he is fine. So if still doing this at your 16 week check then mention it.
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
My LO used to do it too, he grew out of it at about 6 months, so did my neice. Its normal I wouldn't worry about it Smile
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
my LO goes cross eyed a lot when he's really concentrating on something Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular