help....

Rinni3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:12 am 
Post subject: help....
not sure how this whole fertily thing works... i had a period on august 7, 2012.. and then again on august 30th. in between those two times were supposed to be my fertile days. im due to start my period again on the 24th of september, but have not had any signs of my period at all like i normally do.. i have not had intercourse since right around the time i had my last period. is it still possible to be pregnant? i have taken two tests, but i have also heard it would be too early to test. but wouldnt i of not had my period on the 30th?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:11 am 
Post subject:
When you say you've not had intercourse since around your last period do you mean the beginning of it or the end ?
If you are having 23/24 days cycles then you could ovulate as early as day 8-10 of your cycle Question and as sperm can live up to 7 days after sex if they make it to your tubes(although 3-5 is probably more realistic)then even sex very early in your cycle could result in a pregnancy Question
whether or not its too early to test is more from how long since you last had unprotected sex rather than when your period was (unless you know exactly when you ovulated then you can time it from that )
I think the test manufacturers recommendation is to test about 18 days after unprotected sex (as the sperm can hang around for a few days before fertilisation takes place) so if you've had a negative test more than 18 days after you last had sex you shouldn't be pregnant, but its always worth testing again if you're late Smile
It could just be that you ovulated later this month though as well as that will delay your period as the time from ovulation to a period stays the same to within a day or so every month so late ovulation equals a late period Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular