PCOS.. 16 months TTC and counting!

Neps
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:48 am 
Post subject: PCOS.. 16 months TTC and counting!
Hi everyone!
This is my first post on this site after a very high recommendation from a friend who now has a 2 year old and has had a lot of support along the way from what sounds like some lovely people from askbaby.
I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago, and have been TTC since last May. My cycle is about 35 days and has been for about 3 months (yeah!) We went to the GP in May, referred to fertility clinic, went through a tubal dye scan, told everything should start to level out and to come back in Jan next year. We dtd on 10th Sept, I had ewcm the next day. Didn't try again that week (unfortunately), but have had sore boobs for the last few days. Not like ever before, at the sides.. to the point where at times I can't hug. I've been training for a half marathon since July, so it may be down to jogging.. but I have a shock absorber bra!! and have been running for a year with no pain like this. AF is due on Sat, if my cycle does what it's told. I think there's a slight chance, my partner's count came back reasonably high when he went to the clinic. Am I fooling myself? Question
NaturalMother
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
First of all, welcome to askbaby! Your friend was right, there are a lot of lovely faces here and I'm sure you'll easily find any help and support needed.

I also suffer with PCOS, and have been TTC for about 10 months now. I've found that I often want to get my BFP so badly that I make up symptoms in my head, and get my hopes up just to be let down when dear old AF turns up. I know how hard it is to not pin your hopes on a positive each month, so the best you can do is try and be realistic, if you're getting what could be symptoms, that's great! But just remind yourself every now and then that it could also be down to other things, work out when you're able to test, and then based on whether you get your monthly or not, take it from there.

It's not a bad thing to get your hopes up, even though it is a big let down when you dont get the answer you want. But at least you learn how much you want it, and then after all the let downs when you finally get your BFP it will so much more worth it Smile

My suggestion is just try and be positive about it all, it could be that positive you've been waiting for! But be prepared for it not to be, as I'm sure you know just as well as I do that the negatives will always be there!

Sending you lots and lots of babydust! xxxx
Neps
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your response, I know it's important to keep realistic and open minded. It's taken a while, but I am far more relaxed than I was about this a year ago. I've had pretty bad lower abdo cramp today too, which suggests AF may be a week earlier than expected. The last consultant we saw at the fertility clinic suggested I may have miscarried a few months ago following what I percieved to be 'ovulation pain' (something I've never had before, but felt much like the aftermath of the tubal dye scan I had in June). My AF flow was different and more painful than usual. I guess at least there's a chance that my eggs are doing their job! How have you found your experience? The consultant didn't want to look at prescription drugs, advised us to 'have fun' trying. Not the easiest pill to swallow after just 4 cycles last year. We're simply not the type of couple to try every 3 days month on month, but I know it's the best way to get a BFP.. I've been encouraged not to tell my partner when I think I'm ovulating and just spend more time enjoying each other - sounds good to me! Laughing
Neps
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:25 am 
Post subject:
Well, was hoping to test over the weekend but got my af today. Think it's time to stop symptom spotting and relying on other people's experiences to give me hope. Maybe it's just not meant to be. Time for a change of approach and that means that after 17 months of this emotional rollercoaster I should try and forget about trying for a baby, focus on what I do have and let nature take its course.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:16 am 
Post subject:
I've not got PCOS but have had fertility problems and while looking for something else read about a US study that found a low GI diet was more effective than medications for some women with PCOS at actually regulating their cycles , something to do with the insulin resistant aspect and oestrogen levels, can't remember the details sorry but it might be something to look at if your doc won't give you anything Question
Its quite a simple diet as well from what i've seen so it's not a big lifestyle change, if you google low GI diet and PCOS there's loads of info about it and a lot of women saying it worked wonders for them Smile
I know you can still conceive when you do ovulate with the PCOS but it must be so frustrating only having 4 cycles a year ,and so hard to get the timing right too Question i can't believe your doc said "have fun" trying Rolling Eyes had to be a man surely Mad Laughing
i hope you find something that works for you xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular