Do I got back to nappies?

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 pm 
Post subject: Do I got back to nappies?
Hi everyone
My LO is 2 years and 3 months and been doing so well with his potty training now for around a month. He is almost always dry overnight, dry during the day too and on outings aswell but we are just struggling with the 'poo' side. He sometimes tells me when he needs one and I get him on the potty in time, or other times he tells me as hes doing it and its that minute too late. He does obviously understand the whole concept though and knows how to ask.

The thing is, everytime ive picked him up from nursery (once a week) they always say hes had a poo accident. Pants, trousers bagged up in his bag etc and im just starting to think is he not ready? Hes better at home but i feel like they must be thinking 'oh hes not ready'. They always say hes dry, just like he is at home, just not clean. Im so reluctant to stop though at this age and how well hes doing with his weewee's.

Any advice appreciated please x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:58 am 
Post subject:
i had the same with my daughter over 4 months of being dry before she would do a poo on the potty. she wouldnt even tell me, she would just go and hide somewhere to do it. my hv said it was ok to go back to pull ups just for a poo but its impossible if they dont tell you they need to go!

i would just clean my daughter up and tell her that she needed to poo on the potty, then one day she just went to the potty and did a poo. i gave her loads of praise and some chocolate, and then every time she did a poo on the potty she had chocolate.

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun like you say its hard cause they dont tell you. I caught him going quiet today looking into the distance lol, said did he want a poo and he said yes so I got him on potty and he did it on there. Gave him loads praise and a treat but its nursery where he gets distracted mainly. Gonna stick at it I think, dont wanna confuse him by going back to nappies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular