Thrombosed Haemorrhoid - in agony and worried sick!

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:14 pm 
Post subject: Thrombosed Haemorrhoid - in agony and worried sick!
Sorry definitely TMI but need to talk to someone!
Hiya, I was having a shower on Saturday and started to feel lots of pressure in my bum, when I got out and was getting dry I was in a lot of pain down there so used a mirror to look and I've got a huge external purpley coloured haemorrhoid. I had them after giving birth to my son and they were very uncomfortable but not painful. This one is agony and I can't move without being in a lot of pain. I used Anusol on Saturday and Sunday which did nothing and by this morning it is bigger and the swelling has spread forward to opening of vagina (not the haemorrhoid but just swollen). I went to the doctor as I'd read about a few people on internet who'd had them in 3rd trimester and doctor had cut them out so thought I could get it sorted before I go into labour but she just told me it wouldn't go away while I was pregnant because it's being caused by baby pressing on Haemorrhoidal vein and gave me some anaesthetic cream and suppositories (not sure why the suppositories when it's an external haemorrhoid?) but I've been using the cream all day and it hasn't numbed the pain at all.

I've spent most of the last 3 days in tears with the pain and worrying about labour. I can't even get into a non-painful position to sit, lie etc so how will I be able to get anywhere near comfortable during labour? I'm scared to go for a number 2 atm so there's no way I'll be able to push out a baby! Also I've read that having piles during labour can lead to complications as they can get bigger and burst while pushing Sad I rang the mat ward and spoke to a MW but just got told it's something they'd have to look at when I was in labour! I really wanted a home waterbirth but can see it's not gonna happen as I am terrified about the pain I'll be in now. I can cope with labour pains but with this as well I just don't think I would cope.

Anybody else experienced similar and did your doctor do anything about it? How was labour?

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
O bless ya! Its sounds awfull, the only advice I can whigh you already probably is keep hydrated and your motions soft so take lactulose if you need to as it will soften the poo and hopefully not aggratvate the piles as much.

Speak your mw next time you see and voice your concerns a bit more strongly xx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 am 
Post subject:
My motions are always soft! That's why I was so surprised to have a pile coz not strained at all Sad Silly baby, she has a lot to answer for! I think I'll ground her for at least a year when she arrives lol

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Ive always had piles. Ive been the loo before an ones popped it looks like summit out a horror film Laughing Ive never had problems going the loo either. My mum had them bad so i blame her Smile

The only thing i can recomend is putting a tiptop between your legs to ease the pain. I slept like that when i had my abcess Sad The ice shiverals them up lol xx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
Bekki, I had loads of them after having JJ and have had them since when one time I was constipated but on both occasions they've just been uncomfortable not agony like this one Sad And they shrivelled up within a few days, this one appears to be getting bigger by the day! I've tried ice, and the anaesthetic cream and suppositories now and nothing seems to be working. I've been told by a homoeopath to take Hamamelis 30c (witch hazel) as it's good to shrink varicose veins and piles, and also to apply a witch hazel soaked pad at night so I bought some today and will be applying tonight and have taken 2 tablets so far. Also been taking arnica for the bruised feeling I have down there to see if that does anything. I wouldn't mind the pain so much if it was due to giving birth but it's just depressing that I'm in so much pain and there's still plenty more to come! Sad

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:50 am 
Post subject:
Oh kate i really feel for you. I was in agony when i had my abcess down there. I jhst hope you can get it sorted before baby comes Sad xx

dukky
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
I have had exactly the same!! Had a sickness bug last week and it made them awful..I could barely walk. I had to have paracetamol regularly and had internal steroid foam which did no good. Just kept going with anusol and had regular baths and they are going slowly but surely but at least the pain seems to have gone. Good luck and hopefully they will clear up soon x

Rach2014
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
Buy icepops and lots of them wrap some toilet tissue around them so that the plastic is not touching your skin then lay down with it pressed against the pile .. leave until the pop has melted then do the same again half an hour later keep repeating this for a few days as much as you can it will shrink them ... heat makes them worse btw
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular