Playing with food

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:41 am 
Post subject: Playing with food
Hello all,

George has been a mixture of BLW and some spoon feeding with the messier stuff (spag bol etc). Lately he seems to want to feed himself using his hands, he will let me spoon feed him yogurt and some breakfast cereals.

I don't really mind as I think it's good for him to explore and learn but my Mum thinks he just plays with his food and that I'm incouraging it and that food is for eating. To be fair I think there is some play but it does usually make it to his mouth as well.

Just interested in your opinions?
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
let him eat with his hands. its how they learn, its also good for improving hand eye co-ordination.

if your worried that more is going on the floor then in his mouth, put some more on the plate. if he was hungry he would let you know Smile

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Playing with food is fine. Its encouraged with blw as it helps them learn about it. Not letting them play can actually cause problems in the long run with some babies

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 am 
Post subject:
Food before one is for fun....I really believe in this and babies/children learn through play & that includes food imo. I can't wait for the mess lol xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular