Finger foods that can be frozen

jojo36
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 am 
Post subject: Finger foods that can be frozen
Can anyone help me with regards to finger foods? I know what types of food I can use and that if they are too hard they need to be cooked first, but can most foods i.e. cooked brocolli, cooked apple/pear then be frozen, defrosted in the fridge overnight and then warmed in the microwave when needed? If I cook up veggies for myself and my husband I do offer these but would love to have a wider range of finger foods in the freezer for convenience? I'm also not sure on what size to offer these. Some things I read say small cubes, but that makes me paranoid about choking as small enough to swallow whole, and other things I read say in 'sticks', surely this is the better??
Bobski1980
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
If you can freeze and re-heat pureed fruit and veg no reason why you can't do them as finger foods. I think they should be stick size, the bigger the better I would say if baby is 6 or 7 months old. There pincer grip is not fully developed at this age so they need big chunks to hold onto. As they get older 8-12 months they can pick smaller bits up.
jojo36
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your reply, would I need to heat these right up again (pipping hot and leave to cool), like you would do with the puree foods. I would assume the same principle applies? My little boy is just eight months old and is already feeding himself and has a great pincer grasp so I'll try little cubes but if cant manage I'll cut into sticks.
Bobski1980
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not sure but I had already decided to reheat it. I pureed melon and papaya which I froze in ice cube trays and I reheat that just incase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular